Provide forensic examination support. Conduct forensic processes of a variety of digital media including hard drives, thumb drives, media cards, cell phones. and other electronic devices. Create detailed notes on processes undertaken and develop forensic reports in support of counterintelligence or criminal investigations and other types of inquiries. Assist the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures. Conducts peer reviews of other examiners' reporting. Provide expert witness testimony in both military and civilian courts on support of forensic examinations conducted by the examiner.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics
- Understanding of computer file systems
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with Internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Demonstrated experience with forensic tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, and Xways
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Active TS clearance required with eligibility for SCI
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
Qualification and Educational Requirements
Security Clearance Requirements: Must be a U.S. citizen and have an Active TS clearance with the ability to obtain SCI.
Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Information Security, Computer Science, or another related field of study and 2 - 5 years of related work experience; or equivalent work experience in the field of computer forensic and intrusion analysis of 6 - 9 years.
AIS is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.