Monitors and maintains one or more open access computer laboratories and assists users with the operation of standard computer software applications and equipment.
Minimum Qualifications for Admittance to Exam
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
An associate degree or its equivalent from a recognized college or university preferably with a major in computer applications and office technology (CAOT), computer science, computer information technology, or a related field.
Graduation from high school or its equivalent AND two years of full-time paid experience in a computer laboratory with responsibility for overseeing the day-to-day operations and assisting students in the use of standard software applications and computer equipment.
Knowledges, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Capabilities of computer systems and hardware common to computer laboratories
- Standard application software for word processing, spreadsheet, and desktop publishing
- Use of the Internet
- Principles of recordkeeping
- Demonstrate the proper use of computer equipment and standard software applications
- Make minor adjustments to computer equipment and peripherals
- Effectively utilize computer hardware and software in the performance of duties
- Work effectively and cooperatively with students, faculty, and staff
- Maintain complete and accurate records
- Schedules and oversees the use of one or more open access computer laboratories by students, faculty, and staff.
- Explains to users the established computer laboratory policies and enforces established policies.
- Assists users with the operation of standard software applications, computer equipment, and peripherals.
- Performs basic troubleshooting of standard software applications, computer equipment, and peripherals; contacts the college's Information Technology Department when further expertise is needed.
- Opens and closes assigned computer laboratories, including start up and shut down of computers and printers.
- Cleans and makes minor adjustments to equipment in computer laboratories.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and orderly computer laboratory environment.
- Maintains laboratory attendance and usage records.
- Maintains inventory records of supplies and equipment and prepares periodic inventory reports and requisitions.
- May provide training and work direction to student employees.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Los Angeles Community College District - 2 years ago