The Computer Operations Analyst's role is to observe and control the company’s midrange computer systems and peripheral equipment for the purpose of uninterrupted data processing, interactive and batch processing, and continuous system availability. This includes monitoring system consoles for error messages, failures, and network malfunctions. The Computer Operations Analyst will also participate in diagnosing and resolving problems
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ensure confidentiality of sensitive and proprietary information; adheres to company security policies.
- Adjust, manipulate, and respond to console requests, commands, workflow procedures, and job processes.
- Determine source of system errors, malfunctions, job stoppages, and program information to ensure that operation standards are met and upheld.
- Operate and maintain peripheral equipment as required, including tape drives, hard disk drives, optical storage, fax system, printers, and consoles.
- Ensure all spooled output is appropriately prepared for distribution (e.g. printed, decollated, backed up to tape, etc.) as jobs are completed.
- Monitor systems activity/performance. Report issues/errors to appropriate IT support staff.
- Execute and verify successful completion of processes as scheduled. Document and follow up on abnormal job executions.
- Execute and document electronic transfer functions and processing detail.
- Ensure backup media is transferred to the appropriate off-site location as documented within Operations Procedures.
- Ensure all computer systems and peripherals in the data center are in excellent working order. Report any malfunctions to the Manager of Computer Operations.
- Respond to computer systems questions/issues/problems from corporate and remote systemcustomers related to hardware and system software and follow up until all problems are resolved.
- Reroute issues or problems to appropriate IT personnel. Create Help Desk tickets for all support calls received. Ticket description must contain complete support detail, be properly assigned, history progress and resolution entered and status’s flagged appropriately.
- Participate in On-Call Rotation schedule to provide after-hours support to Dart internal customers.
- On-Call responsibilities may also require on-site tasks.
- Process weekend backups and scheduled operational tasks remotely as scheduled.
- Provide Help Desk support during non-staffed hours.
- Work with IT staff to test new/modified programs and systems.
- Participate in pre and post upgrade testing of third-party applications.
- Maintain detailed records of check processing.
- Record completion of job processes on Daily Run Schedule.
- Ensure physical access by non-IT/Facilities personnel is restricted during shift hours.
- Ensure Data Center keys and Signature Plates are secured at all times.
- Participate in enforcing information security directives as mandated by HIPPA.
- Participate in ongoing information risk assessments and audits to ensure that information systems are adequately protected and meet HIPAA requirements.
- Initialize, enable and disable HR profiles/passwords utilizing secured commands in accordance with HIPAA practices.
- Verify completion of daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly backups as documented and scheduled.
- Ensure backup media is transferred to offsite location.
- Accurately document instances of hardware failure, repair, installation, and removal.
- Adhere to all IT mandated procedures (e.g., project management documents, project tracking, development forms).
- Provide guidance and/or instruction to junior staff members.
- Adhere to company software licensing policies and practices.
- Create and maintain department forms in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel.
- Maintain on-line report distribution database utilizing Microsoft Word.
- Communicate with internal customers via phone or email to keep them apprised on the status of requests.
- High school diploma
- Technical certification in computer support or a minimum of two years of work experience providing computer support.
- Hands-on computer support experience (e.g. exposure to software updates, upgrades, etc.) preferred
- IBM iSeries/400 experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Ability to work independently all shifts and days of the week
- When required, provide coverage for the afternoon shift, scheduled or unscheduled evening or weekend hours, including holidays
- Ability to participate in Operations department on-call rotation including 24 x 7 on-site or remote coverage to support local and remote facilities
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and properly prioritize work where interruptions are the norm
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Strong analytical skills for problem determination and resolution required
- Basic level of proficiency using email and calendar functions
- Basic level of proficiency using Microsoft Word
- Basic level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel
- Basic understanding of Windows based operating systems
- Basic understanding of system security concepts
- Ability to work by one’s self in an air conditioned, isolated environment
- Ability to work productively in a team environment
- Ability to interact professionally with staff, internal/external customers and management
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, multi-tasking environment
Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efﬁciently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and exceptionally...