The primary purpose of this position is to monitor, manipulate, and manage corporate data processing system resources located at the Information Technology Center (ITC) to achieve optimum systems performance and availability. The incumbent is required to perform all tasks in a safe manner consistent with corporate policies and state and federal laws. |
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The associate is responsible for the functions below, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Monitor, manipulate, and manage multi-tiered corporate system resources using technical knowledge to optimize throughput and provide optimum system availability.
- Field calls to Information Systems (IS) Operations and promptly respond to the inquiry or transfer the call to the appropriate support group for action or resolution.
- Analyze business and technical problems as they arise in corporate system resources and provide expeditious resolution or, if required, quickly escalate to the Computer Operator 3 for action.
- Consult with application and system developers to identify and resolve procedural problems.
- Provide training, guidance, or technical assistance to support staff, new and lower-level operators, and other system users (as applicable).
- Document operating procedures for the systems and subsystems used in ITC IS Operations.
- Schedule and coordinate daily computer operations using scheduling systems, productivity tools, and associated commands to ensure timely completion; correct batch production work as it fails or comes to an unsatisfactory conclusion.
- Perform system-wide Initial Program Loads (IPLs) and reboot systems as required to restart failed or downed computer systems; ensure startup parameters and functions are correct.
Experience / Requirements:
Other Skills, Abilities, and/or Training
The following qualities are required:
Intermediate knowledge of and experience with the following is helpful:
- Minimum age of 18 years old for business travel purposes.
- Committed to providing customer service that makes both internal and external customers feel welcome, important, and appreciated.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to work weekends on a regular basis.
- Ability to work extended days on a frequent basis.
- Ability to work day or evening hours.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks/projects.
- Familiarity with industry/technical terms and processes.
- Ability to work within strict time frames and resolute deadlines.
- Typing speed of 40 WPM.
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to be a self-starter and have excellent follow-through.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
Note : Products, software, and systems listed above are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- Productivity Tools : Omegamon, MAINVIEW, RMFMON, Tivoli or comparable systems monitoring tools, TSO, ISPF, SDSF, and CA7/11, ESP ENCORE, or comparable scheduling packages.
- Report Writers : Dispatch or comparable packages.
- Mainframe Operations : CICS, DB2 or comparable relational database, abend resolution, JCL, OS/390 system commands, and troubleshooting techniques for systems and subsystems.
- Midrange Platforms : AS/400 running OS/400, Stratus running VOS, HP running HPUX, and some AIX and USS connections to open systems.
Certificates, Licenses, and/or Registrations
This position requires a valid driver’s license for frequent daytime travel between various Rite Aid facilities and periodic trips to disaster recovery sites.
Associate's degree (AS) in Information Systems, Computer Operations, or related field, plus two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in a large-systems or multi-tiered operational environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
RiteAid.com - 30+ days ago
Rite Aid is clinging to its position as a distant third (behind Walgreen and CVS) in the US retail drugstore business. The struggling compa...