The Computer Operator's role is to observe and control the company’s midrange computer systems and peripheral equipment for the purpose of uninterrupted data processing, interactive and batch processing, and continuous system availability.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Ensure successful set up and execution of production schedule, balancing of designated production generation, system backup processing, Optical backup processing, Network backup monitoring, tape device and media handling, printer operations, and forms handling equipment.
- Ensure all spooled output is appropriately prepared for distribution (ie. printed, decollate, backed up to tape, etc.) as jobs are completed.
- Complete Daily Processing Procedures and Log information.
- Investigate error conditions in computer processes, equipment malfunction and performance to determine and/or apply the required corrective procedure or action.
- Record information for computer system questions/issues/problems from corporate and remote system customers related to hardware and system software. Route issues or problems to appropriate IS Operations personnel. Track resolution via on-line problem tracking software.
- Complete daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly backups as documented and scheduled.
- Monitor backup system or peripheral malfunctions and report to the IS Operations/Support Manager.
- Ensure backup media is transferred to the appropriate off-site location as documented within Operations Procedures.
- Participate in implementing and enforcing information security directives as mandated by HIPAA.
- Provide Help Desk support using internal Help Desk software tracking during scheduled shift.
- High School diploma or equivalent, prefer technical certification.
- Two years of work expierience providing server support within the last four years.
- Knowledge of administering and supporting Microsoft Active Directory.
- At least one year of experience installing, upgrading and maintaining multiple levels of Server orientated Operating Systems.
- At least one year of experience of communication protocol configuration.
- IBM iSeries/400 experience preferred as well as an understanding of Microsoft office and Lotus Notes.
- When required, provide coverage for afternoon shift, scheduled or unscheduled evening or weekend hours, including holidays.
- Able to work independently all shifts and days of the week.
- Participate in Operations On-Call rotation including 24X7 support for local and remote facilities. Process tasks from home using Dart or personal computer and software supplied and explicitly owned by Dart Container.
- Ability to lift and load forms up to 60 lbs. into system printers, and move about the work area.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and properly prioritize work where interruptions are the norm.
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication required.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong analytical skills for problem determination and resolution required.
- Basic level of proficiency using email and calendar functions.
- Basic level of proficiency using Microsoft Word.
- Basic level of proficiency using Microsoft Excel.
- Basic understanding of Windows based operating systems.
- Basic understanding of system security concepts.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment.
Dart Container - 17 months ago
Dart sets the industry standard of excellence by efﬁciently providing high quality foodservice packaging solutions and exceptionally...