The computer operator in DCO has the primary responsibility of processing client schedules, managing system backups, monitoring systems uptime and performance, and escalating issues in a timely manner.
Reports To: Operations Manager, Data Center Operations
Peers: Computer Operators, Data Coordinator/Network Operators
Primary Working Relationships: Operators, Operations Analysts, Operations Business Analysts
Direct Reports: None
Emphasis should be placed on mastering the common tools and software used in the Fiserv Data Center(s)
- Execute and supervise required sequence of programs and schedules via scheduling software, manual procedures, or combination of both in accordance with established systems policies and procedures.
- Review defined, critical processes for accuracy during each shift. Escalate if processing abends, runs too long or otherwise appears to be incorrect and no previously established solution is available.
- Monitor the system for efficient operation. Escalate any system problems or equipment failures.
- Troubleshoot reported problems, validate problems in a timely manner, and escalate, as necessary, to Management and/or next level of support.
- Perform system backups in accordance with established procedure.
- Perform preventive maintenance on peripheral equipment such as tape drives.
- Create and maintain operational process and procedure documentation.
- Complete required operating records such as Operation Logs, Facets case updates, shift turnovers, shift status updates, etc.
- Assist Operations and Support analysts in answering Client queries as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Job Related Experience: Minimum one year experience in data center operations.
Management Experience: None
Functional Area Skills/Knowledge:
HP/UX, Linux, MS Windows, UC4, Acumen, Spectrum, MS Office
Ability to work with minimal supervision
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.