Under direct supervision, responsible for day-to-day tasks within the Computer Operations department. Resolve basic issues specific to Computer Operations. Monitor and diagnose Mainframe system issues to aggressively resolve issues in a timely manner.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Under general supervision, prepares jobs for execution on various computer systems and executes required sequence of programs in accordance with established procedure.
2. Monitor the Mainframe environment via system consoles and other monitoring tools.
3. Operates peripheral equipment for needed input or output such as data transmission, reception, or printing.
4. Operates laser printers, on-line or remote terminals, and related equipment to perform various tasks as directed.
5. Reports any system problems or equipment failures.
6. Document issues using trouble ticketing tool.
7. Resolve and escalate operational Mainframe issues as required.
8. May perform minor preventive maintenance on peripheral equipment such as tape drive cleaning or printer ribbon replacement.
9. Complete required operating records such as shift reports, problem logs, run requests, etc.
10. Perform other duties as required.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
· High school diploma or general education degree
· Associate’s degree in Data Processing preferred
Job Related Experience :
· Minimum one to three years work-related experience required.
· Must be able to follow established guidelines to accomplish tasks and solve routine problems, referring non-routine matters to supervisor.
· Experience with Unisys Mainframe and Premier (ITI) is a plus.
· Good oral and written communication skills.
· Good customer service skills.
· Must be team oriented.
· Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.