PURPOSE AND USE
Under general supervision, positions in this classification support internal customers by printing bills and special reports from the mainframe computer, monitoring batch processing, monitoring the Help Desk phone line, assisting users with logging into the network, and reporting hardware or software problems to management.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Cycles or boots all computer room equipment as necessary.
- Monitors all online and batch systems for error messages, looks up message codes, and contacts additional support if necessary.
- Processes archival reports, batch jobs, and bank transfers. May need to make adjustments to the nightly schedule to accommodate the needs of other departments to be online.
- Prints forms, bills, and special requests.
- Reports any failure in hardware and/or software.
- Handles tape work by changing tapes and initializing tapes.
- Handles nonutility billing processing by posting, creating data files, interfaces, and reports.
Education and Experience
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Typically evidenced by an Associate's degree in computer science and/or equivalent work experience with computers.
- Experience within the utility or other regulated industry preferred.
If you are interested in applying for this position, click on "Apply for this Position" below.
- Skills with both mainframe and PC-based computer systems.
- Able to communicate effectively and establish effective working relationships with other employees.
- Solid organizational skills.
- Time management skills.
- Able to work well as part of a team.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to work independently and be self-directed.
- Previous off-hour shift experience.
Madison Gas and Electric - 21 months ago