Title: Computer Operator
Location: United States-TX-Dallas
Job Number: 13006573
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
May perform one or more of the following:
· Sets up, coordinates and monitors the operation of electronic computer equipment, such as printers, tape and disk drives
· Selects and loads input and output, observes operation of equipment, control panels, error lights, verification printouts, error messages and faulty output
· Researches error messages and may manipulate console to properly sequence job steps after a job is interrupted
· Ensures all necessary data files are accounted for and available in order to initiate each processing task
· Monitors database systems in accordance with a schedule of operations
· Identifies hardware and software malfunctions and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary to resolve operating problems
· Maintains scheduled reports of operations activities including trouble reports, logs, etc.
· Maintains inventory of expendable supplies and may restock paper, printer ribbons, etc.
All other duties as assigned
Related experience demonstrating familiarity with a broad range of medium and large scale computer systems, platforms, peripherals and standard operating procedures including a basic working knowledge of scheduling and job processing languages, such as SDSF, TSO, JCL and other IBM utilities. Previous experience as a computer operator is desired but not required.
Experience with mainframe batch processing required. Good verbal and written communication skills required. Cybermation ESP/Encore experience desired. CA7 scheduling tool experience desired. CA-Autosys experience desired.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual/work from home? No
Xerox Corporation - 15 months ago
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...