Under the general supervision of the Manager of Enterprise Operations Center (EOC), operates and helps to maintain a large array of systems in accordance with established procedures. Assist Supervisor in developing, configuring and maintaining enterprise job scheduling, release management and quality testing solutions. Evaluates and recommends IT tools which support production scheduling processes. Monitors, reports, logs, investigates and resolves processing problems within the EOC environment to ensure high availability of systems, applications and services provided to the company. Troubleshoots and resolves moderate production release and run related issues. Supports downtime and monthly maintenance activity. Supports system recovery and assists in Disaster Recovery processes during critical events. Responsible for on-call and technical issues when Supervisor is not available.
• Knowledge of UC4 Scheduling software, scripting and Admin functions is a must.
• Handles On-call responsibility and after hours support when needed.
• Ensures completion and helps to maintain the current processing schedules. Provides input to the scheduler to maximize cycle efficiency.
• Act as the liaison between EOC and all other IT departments by representing the EOC in production meetings and new work processes and procedures; maintain a good working relationship with all other IT departments.
• Analyzes and/or resolves immediate processing issues related to hardware and software problems. Uses available resources such as technical manuals, knowledge of system commands, and trouble shooting skills to ensure timely recovery for impacted operations.
• Responsible for handling critical issues by working with Applications, Network Operations or Enterprise Support Services teams as needed.
• Provides assistance and guides staff in structured turnovers, ensuring appropriate documentation is provided and Incident/problem management procedures are followed.
• Ability to configure FTP connections, map drives to servers and maintains the EOC’s data environments (Stores).
• Providing subject matter expertise, knowledge and experience with key business processes, policies, procedures and systems as input to all applications support and development efforts.
• Identify recurring and potential production processing problems and eliminate them by working with development and Operations Administrator.
• Support the EOC with disaster recovery procedures and assist Supervisor with training and assignments.
• Assist Supervisor with Change Control / Release Management function for scheduling software changes.
• Responsibilities include: keeping Supervisor apprised of EOC related problems (e.g., batch performance, monitoring errors, and system integrity), training new employees and fulfill other duties assigned by Supervisor.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 2+ years of experience with moderate to complex production scheduling and change scheduling systems.
• Proficient with configuration and administration of production scheduling and version scheduling tools such as: UC4, SQL, Windows
• Experience with Tier development life cycles
• Knowledge of software installation for UC4 and Windows environments.
• Knowledge of UC4 scripting, LINUX scripting, Windows scripting, and mainframe JCL.
• Experience improving legacy environments desirable.
• Knowledge of ITIL methodology. Experience in the implementation of ITIL processes Service Management desirable.
• Regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion.
ICW Group - 8 months ago