Completes all programming assignments in a timely manner
in accordance with internal programming standards and
procedures. Requests support from senior programming
staff or management as needed to perform this function.
Writes or enhances customized reports, letters, and
internal forms to provide data output to end-users.
Analyzes the feasibility of programming projects by
gathering specifications and other information from
departments. Evaluates system capabilities and
recommends programming solutions. Requests support from
senior programming staff or management as needed to
perform this function.
Assists departments in understanding programming
modifications/enhancements that have been performed so
that they can independently validate that the
programming changes have been completed as specified.
Consults with other employees regarding the use of
software systems. This may include answering questions
or suggesting improvements based on knowledge of the
system or information from senior programming staff or
Maintains a thorough understanding of the core
processing system in order to perform system upgrades,
maintain system security and data integrity, and assist
with daily, weekly, and monthly processing as needed.
Analyzes requirements and provides data extracts used
for system interfaces and special projects as assigned.
Assists vendor software support staff and service
technicians with troubleshooting hardware and software
problems, addressing issues related to system
functionality, and working with interfaces between
Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Minimum of two years experience in related field
- General knowledge of computers and software
- Strong logical ability and the ability to
nights and weekends
- Ability to work flexible hours, including late
and procedures, credit union preferred
- General knowledge of the financial industry
- Working knowledge of financial institution policies
- Basic math/accounting skills, research and problem
- Good verbal and written communication skills
A+ Federal Credit Union - 18 months ago
A+ Federal Credit Union was founded in 1949 by a group of 50 teachers during a picnic meeting at Zilker Park in Austin.