Aerojet Rocketdyne offers a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion. These include the Delta launch vehicles, J2-X engine, and the RS-68 engines.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each):
The candidate will perform the following job responsibilities:
40% Provide primary support for software programming projects. Computer languages learned through the candidate’s degree program will be evaluated against our requirements. Be responsible for software development and configuration management processes, peer reviews, design, coding, testing, etc per customer and company standards.
20% Provide technical direction as to the maintenance and operation of data recording systems as a system administrator.
10% Support the maintenance and review all data reduction documentation and engineering instructions.
20% Provide support for the data acquisition and processing tasks of high- and low-speed data and Facility Redline System to support all PWR test programs and provide leadership in problem resolutions.
10% Interface with internal and external customers to provide data/services to meet program objectives
The candidate should have the following skills:
1. Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline (Computer Science, preferred) and two years directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
2. Solid communication skills in dealing with customers, team members and management.
3. Demonstrated experience working both independently and in a team environment.
4. Individual must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship). NASA Personnel Reliability Program security clearance.
Apply for this job:
We consider the consistent demonstration of positive, cooperative, self-motivated, courteous and professional behavior to be an essential function of every position. While different positions have different primary areas of responsibility and technical expertise, everyone needs to work as a team, and we expect all employees to contribute as necessary to get the job done.
- Apply for this job online
- E-mail a friend about this job
Unless otherwise stated in the requirements section of an individual job listing, our positions require U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency, or other status as a U.S. Person as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
Aerojet is an EEO Employer, M/F/V/D
Individuals with a disability requiring accommodation during the application and/or the
interview process should e-mail the Human Resources Department at Accommodation Request.
Looking for a career where you can make a meaningful contribution to groundbreaking aerospace and defense projects? There is no better place...