Manage, maintain, update, and administrate a SQL database for a Relational Laboratory Information Management system and develop, maintain, update and administer a Metrology Management System. Provide direction and support for the LSC IT Security plan. Establish and implement programmatic management goals with respect to database management, objectives, priorities, procedures, and standards; effectively communicates programs needs and scope; coordinates interagency work programs, projects, user requirements, and system capabilities; oversee special SQL data requests; prepares written documentation and gives presentations on various topics.
The temp operates with a degree of independence under established policies and procedures. Normally receives sufficient guidance from assigned lead, to assure coordination of efforts with other personnel working on related phases of the program development.
• Works under the general guidance from a Program Manager. Assignments are received in objective oriented terms. Provides guidance to subordinates based on organizational goals and program needs. Independently performs project assignments and is responsible to the Program Manager.
• Generate project requirements and proposals, oversee annual budget, and establish protocols for managing and administrating a SQL database.
• Prepares SQL applications design, modification, and documentation including needs analysis, database and program design such as coding, screens, and file input and output
• Develops and maintains relational database designs; maintains environmental and metrology information systems and keeps databases up-to-date to ensure system integrity
• Maintain and modify an IT security plan to NIST, FSMA and USGCB standards
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, from an accredited college or university, and at least four years experience, or an Associate degree in a relevant discipline with six or more years of direct experience required with demonstrated ability.
• Requires experience in SQL, MYSQL database management, project management, data analysis, database integration, applications development, and RDBMS administration. Specifics may include utilizing SQL related software to support modeling activities, manage project tasks, and develop databases.
• Experience with desktop/laptop peripherals; implementation and adaptation. Must be able to effectively use verbal and written communication skills, prepare reports and proposals, and interface comfortably with internal and external clients.
• Must have knowledge of Knowledge of the Federal Desktop Core Configuration (FDCC) for Windows computers and Familiar with CIS benchmarking for Servers, must have knowledge of two factor authentication protocol.
• Required proficiency with development suites, Visual Basic (VB and Microsoft Office Suite.
Alutiiq - 12 months ago