The NCIPC/DARPI, Statistics, Programming and Economics Branch (SPEB) is seeking a Computer Programmer.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide advanced level SAS programming and intermediate level Microsoft SQL database programming expertise for database management, data quality checks, preparation of analysis files, and data analysis for large violence-related data systems and surveys; experience with advance SAS programming using SAS macros and other advance programming methods/techniques is need to perform these duties.
- Develop in-depth knowledge and expertise related to the data systems and surveys maintained in the Branch;
- Support various surveillance projects related to data management, quality assurance, and analyses of intimate partner violence, sexual violence, youth violence, child abuse and neglect and elder maltreatment data;
- Coordinate data collected nationwide and electronically transmitted to NCIPC for use in violence-related surveillance studies and the provision of public use data;
- Contribute to the development, implementation, and evaluation of violence prevention surveillance strategies;
- Contribute to the documentation and maintenance of data in compliance with all Federal regulations related to information security.
- Other Duties as Assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS :
- 3 years plus experience providing advanced level SAS programming using SAS Macros and other advance SAS programming methods/techniques in order to manipulate very large complex Microsoft SQL relational database files for a variety of high-level programming and database management tasks.
- Broad in-depth knowledge of the electronic data processing field, with emphasis in the areas of computer systems analysis, design, and programming.
- Expert technical knowledge of fourth generation programming language, database management system, and software programming tools used in the CDC environment, interfacing and interconnectivity of applications and databases.
- Advanced experience with the application of SAS and Microsoft SQL programming relevant to large, complex database management systems, query languages, and table relationships for database operations and/or generation of complex queries and reports.
- Understanding of data standardization policies and standards sufficient to develop data dictionaries, data models, metadata repositories, and other data management tools.
- Experience with creating and maintaining large SAS analysis files, with associated format libraries, codebooks, and computer program/file documentation, generated from surveillance system and surveys database.
- Advanced experience with analysis of large, complex survey data using SAS-callable SUDAAN or other relevant SAS software.
- Bachelor in Computer Science, preferred.
- Ability to pass any background, drug, and security checks as required by the Company and worksite.
- Ability to work additional hours to include weekends and/or holidays as may occasionally be requested.
- Ability to meet attendance and punctuality requirements of the Company and worksite.
- Ability to provide excellence in customer service.
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS
Office environment. Occasional lifting to 25 lbs. Constant sitting while using the computer. Constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents. Constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication. Must be able to function well under peak activity periods.
P3S Corporation does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
P3S Corporation - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard -