Job Listing Detail
Listing Number: 9115-12156
- Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
For more information contact:
P.O. Box 200108
Helena , MT
TTY: Montana Relay Service at 711
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
State Information Technology Services
Application Technology Services
State Application Required:
$48,188.00 - $60,235.00
Additional Salary Information: Starting salary depends on qualifications and a consideration of internal equity.
Applicant Pool: If another department
vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may
be used for the selection.
Web applications are one of the primary ways for the State of Montana to provide information and services to the public. Do you possess the background and desire to build complex web applications with a state wide focus? How about working with diverse stakeholders to build systems which power the next generation of MT.gov?
SITSD is a highly service-oriented division dedicated to the support of the IT network and applications for Montana state government. Our values are firmly rooted in ensuring the state’s IT infrastructure is reliable, secure, cost effective, and meets the business needs of government and citizens. SITSD also strives to maintain ‘cutting-edge’ IT services by recently building a new Data Center which is receiving national attention for its innovative design and cooling system.
The State of Montana is one of the few states that is not struggling with fiscal issues and has been able to adequately fund services for its citizens. Also, SITSD, due to its funding source, has not had to furlough or lay off any employees. If you seek job stability, benefits, and contribution to a dynamic IT environment then fill out our state application to apply.
For this position, SITSD offers yearly benefits, which include:
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check and verification of stated degrees.
- A contribution of $8,148/yr. towards health, life, dental, and optional vision insurance;
- Choice between two defined retirement benefit plans and an optional 457(b) deferred compensation;
- 15 days paid vacation, 12 days sick leave, and 10 paid holidays.
Women and minorities are underrepresented in this position and are encouraged to apply. Underrepresentation is addressed in the Department’s EEO Action Plan. Must be eligible to work in the United States. For a complete job description email firstname.lastname@example.org
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
Criminal History Background Check
State Information Technology Division Computer Programmers develop and maintain application solutions for the State of Montana. They create and customize programs, support applications, and tailor solutions to fulfill the needs of State of Montana employees and the public.
o Source control,
- Knowledge of theory and practices of software development, including:
o Continuous integration, and
o Test driven development.
- Ability to develop applications with modern programming languages
- Ability to develop troubleshooting issues in complex, multiple tiered software applications.
- Ability to handle ongoing project work with day to day support requests.
- Customer service experience
The above knowledge, skills, and abilities are typically acquired through a minimum of:
Supplemental Questions: None Required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field; and
- 2 years experience working as an IT professional in a related field; OR
- Alternate combinations of education and experience will be accepted on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience developing web applications preferred.
Additional Materials Required: None Required
State of Montana - 16 months ago