The Computer Resource Specialist will perform website activities for the Neuroscience Information Framework (NIF) project including user interface design and development, data migration and website maintenance. Responsible for database creation and management, writing and modifying SQL and web service queries and formatting data to prepare statistical reports as needed. Produce and oversee creation and completion of print and online publications, including forms, newsletters, handbooks, postcards and flyers. Coordinate and manage various multimedia production projects for enrollment and online advising. Work in close coordination with the NIF team in the implementation of various technology projects; assist with routine systems installation and testing of software packages requiring standard techniques: coding, testing and debugging of routine applications. Provide computer resource support and perform basic technical support for the NIF web and wiki platforms. Advise and train users in the utilization of web resources.
Position may be required to work occasional evenings and weekends.
UC San Diego is an Equal Opportunity / Staff Affirmative Action Employer that values a diverse workforce and provides reasonable accommodations to people with disabilities.
- Practical experience with website development and design, project management principles and techniques, including the ability to assess technical requirements, create functional designs that meet end-users needs, establish a timeline, and keep project stakeholders informed of progress.
- General understanding of relational databases and other methods for managing large data repositories. Experience writing SQL and the ability to understand and compose queries of moderate complexity. Demonstrated ability to work with web-services and REST protocols in accessing data.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into websites and install and configure open source and/or commercial software packages in a windows environment. Ability to coordinate technical testing and user acceptance testing with technical staff, and end-users.
- Experience reading and preparing technical documentation. Ability to communicate repeatable processes for building, archiving, installing, and configuring custom and third party software applications.
- Demonstrated ability to produce publications using Adobe Creative Suite including Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- Proven knowledge of PC operating systems and internet user scenarios using leading internet browsers. Ability to diagnose and assist in fixing technical problems quickly. Working knowledge of CMS system software and content management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and managing time effectively while setting priorities and meeting deadlines for frequently changing priorities.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate technical information to project stakeholders, faculty, staff, and end-users in both technical and non-technical terms.
UC San Diego Health System is San Diego’s only academic health system and is composed of UC San Diego Medical Center in Hillcrest, and...