Department: Eglin Robins OL Office
Agency: Air Force Personnel Center
Job Announcement Number: 8I-EGLIN-892206-872206-VKS
SALARY RANGE: $81823 to $106369/Per Year
OPEN PERIOD: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 to Friday, May 24, 2013
SERIES & GRADE: GS-0854-13/13
POSITION INFORMATION: Full Time
DUTY LOCATIONS: Eglin AFB, FL
WHO MAY BE CONSIDERED: Air Force Employee
AGENCY MARKETING STATEMENT:
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace.
To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power. That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have one or more identified eligibilities in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
Air Force Employee (Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employees and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service)
KEY REQUIREMENTS: U.S. Citizenship Required
Direct Deposit: All federal employees are required to have direct deposit
Computer Scientist, GS-1550(13)-13
Computer Engineer, GS-0854(13)-13
THIS IS AN INTERDISCIPLINARY POSITION CLASSIFIED IN EITHER OF THE ABOVE SERIES.
The primary purpose of the position is to provide a senior computer scientist/computer engineer for
research/consultation involving applications and development of mathematical/statistical techniques for use in the computational analysis of scientific test data: and to provide a technical authority in the area of munitions and electronic warfare testing support.
- Represents the Telemetry Support Section
- Provides senior level professional computer engineering and computer sciences guidance to branch personnel in the area of Munitions Testing Support ensuring quality support to our weapons testing customers.
- Serves as a senior technical lead and the Division POC for our most challenging test and training support efforts.
- Serves as a Division authority in the area of automated reduction supporting weapons systems testing.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE : You must have at least 1 year of experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent performing the following duties: Represents the Telemetry Support Section; Provides senior level professional computer engineering and computer sciences guidance to branch personnel in the area of Munitions Testing Support ensuring quality support to our weapons testing customers; Serves as a senior technical lead and the Division POC for our most challenging test and training support efforts; Serves as a Division authority in the area of automated reduction supporting weapons systems testing. This experience must have been at a level of difficulty and complexity sufficient to demonstrate the ability to perform the duties of this position. It may have been gained in the private sector, volunteer service, military service, and/or government service, etc.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
Click on the following link to view occupational requirements for this position:
Computer Scientist, GS-1550
Computer Engineer, GS-854
Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG): Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. TIG applies if you are in a current GS position or held a GS position within the previous 52 weeks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of systems architecture and capabilities, automated computational processes, real-time analysis and display concepts, telemetry systems operations and design, practices and methodology to respond to operational mission requirements.
2. Professional skill and ability to negotiate complex issues; and communicate effectively both orally and in writing complex engineering issues, reports and briefings for senior military and civilian officials throughout the government and in private industry.
3. Expert knowledge of the fundamentals and principles of professional computer engineering/computer science gained through formal education and experience: computer hardware, systems software and computer systems architecture, modeling and integration and mathematics including differential and integral calculus, probability and statistics.
4. In-depth knowledge of diversified engineering concepts, phenomena, and relationships, and ability to apply such knowledge to theoretical and practical engineering problems with versatility, judgment, and perception in order to analyze performance of complex real-time systems and negotiate/defend findings.
5. Ability to recognize and analyze problems. Conducts research, summarize results and provide appropriate recommendations and solutions to management. Leads study teams and originates new ideas, projects and methodologies for receiving and processing open-air weapons testing information.
6. Ability to plan and execute complex, multi-faceted projects and/or studies within established financial and/or time constraints to solve weapons testing support questions. Establishes and maintains relationships with key individuals/groups inside and outside immediate work unit and serves as spokesperson for the organization using a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program . In addition to your take-home pay, c lick here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply for this position, you must provide a complete Application Package which must include:
1. Your Resume (your latest resume will be used to determine your qualifications)
If you submit more than one copy of your resume, only the most recent (latest) version will be reviewed. The latest timestamp will be used to determine which version of your resume is "most recent". It is your responsibility to check the status and timestamp of all documents you submit as part of your application.
I f your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy.
F or qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). If your resume does not contain this information, your application may be marked as insufficient and you will not receive consideration for this position.
2. A complete Occupational Questionnaire
3. Additional Required Documents (see Required Documents section below). Ensure all submitted documents contain your full name, address, phone number and last four digits of your social security number.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on Friday, May 24, 2013
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire. Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, click here for the required cover page. This Vacancy ID is 892206. Fax your documents to 1-478-757-3144 . All support documents should be uploaded to your USAJOBS account and included with your application package. Faxing documents should used as a last resort; do not fax duplicate documents.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the questionnaire View Occupational Questionnaire
2. OPM Form 1203-FX must be provided to show your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Please note: The numbering on the OPM Form 1203-FX will not match the Occupational Questionnaire in Section 25 of the OPM Form 1203-FX, which continuously numbers from number one, while the Questonnaire starts each section of questions with number one. When entering your responses please continue regardless of number sequence. This issue has been identified and will be resolved as soon as possible. Applicants are responsible for ensuring their responses are transferred accurately. Click here for the OPM Form 1203-FX
3. Fax all required documents to 1-478-757-3144 . Your OPM Form 1203-FX will be the cover page for your fax transmission.
PLEASE NOTE: It is the applicants responsibility to verify that information entered, uploaded, or faxed (i.e., resume) is received, accurate and submitted by the closing date. You may verify your documents have been processed with your application package successfully by clicking here . Uploaded documents may take up to one hour to clear the virus scan. Faxed documents take 2-3 business days to process.
Human Resources WILL NOT modify or change any answers submitted by an applicant.
The following documents are required and must be provided by the closing date of the announcement. A list of required documents for all eligibilities may be located here :
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
- Online Application (Questionnaire)
- Resume - If your resume includes a photograph or other inappropriate material or content, you will not be considered for this vacancy. Your resume may be submitted in any format. For qualification determinations your resume must contain hours worked per week and the dates of employment (i.e., hours per week and month/year to month/year or month/year to present). Resumes that do not contain this information will be marked as insufficient and applicants may not receive consideration for this position.
- Eligibility Documentation, SF50
Once your application package is received an acknowledgement email will be sent.
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility and qualifications for consideration. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select My Applications, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
If you do not provide an email address, you are responsible for checking status updates and notifications in USAJOBS. Hard copy notifications will not be sent to you.
AGENCY CONTACT INFO:
Vivian K. Siu
Air Force Personnel Center
OR TDD WITHIN SAN ANTONIO AREA 565-2276
DO NOT MAIL OR EMAIL CALL ONLY
Air Force Acquisition - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard