MODUS OPERANDI, INC. – CAREER OPPORTUNITY
Position: Software Engineer
(This position is available in Melbourne, FL)
Modus Operandi, located in Melbourne, FL, is seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join our team. Note – All applicants applying for this job opening must be US citizens and have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance. An existing TS/SCI preferred.
The selected team member will participate in the research and development of new and innovative technologies and systems to support the fusion and advanced analysis of military intelligence information with C4ISR and C2 applications. These capabilities include automated pattern discovery and recognition, semantic technology development based on W3C standards, advanced data fusion, data normalization and correlation, knowledge management and extraction, and semantic logics and reasoning. The selected team member will be involved in the architectural design and implementation of complex enterprise solutions in these areas.
- Responsible for communicating with architect and implementing technical recommendations generated by architecture and program vision – performed within the Agile Software Development methodology
- Be able to create detailed design and architecture documents
- Overall technical contribution to the product and provides technical semantic expertise for various projects and software products
- Contributes to technical direction for team and responsible for team's implementation
- Perform testing and provide test documentation artifacts for software components built
- Participate in code/design reviews
- Responsible for removing technical roadblocks
- Interaction with customers and consumers of products and services to insure proper install of software, successful demonstrations, and general customer satisfaction
- Provide technical inputs to technical proposals and grant writing activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 - 7 years of software development and deployment experience with demonstrated superior skill in Java, Java Script, and related semantic technologies
- BS Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent experience; MS preferred
- Strong English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong working knowledge of popular open source projects in the Java ecosystem, such as Spring, Apache
- Experienced with common Java APIs, such as JAAS, JCA, JDBC, JMS, and various XML APIs
- Familiar with SOAP and REST and other remoting frameworks, as well as associated libraries such as JAX-RS, Spring-WS, and others
- Intimate understanding of advanced Java techniques such as multi-threaded programming
- Command of various build systems such as Maven and Ant
- Demonstrable knowledge of software engineering principles and software lifecycle
- Must be able to travel
- U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI level clearance. Existing TS/SCI preferred.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with information modeling (e.g., semantic technologies, XML, E-R Diagrams, UML), information retrieval, data mining, data integration, natural language processing, machine learning, and overall system design
- Experience in BPM
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Semantic Wiki
- Experience with OSGi (Apache Aries, Karaf)
- Experience with Full Text Search platforms (Apache Solr)
- Experience with Eclipse
- Experience with other languages such as Groovy, Ruby, Python, .NET, etc.
- Database schema design and SQL query skills
- Experience with Continuous Integration development practices
- Experience with Virtualization/Networking
E-mail Human Resources your resume, salary history, and salary requirements
- Refer to “Software Engineer” in the subject line
- Please do not call Modus Operandi directly
Modus Operandi, Inc. is an EEO / AA / H / V Employer
Indeed - 30+ days ago
Modus Operandi is a high-tech software company serving the U.S. defense and intelligence community. Our purpose is to help defend and...