Under general supervision, performs specialized and technical work diagnosing and repairing personal computer equipment and software for assigned City department. Work involves ensuring computer equipment and software is running properly, repairing and troubleshooting, and installing user software on new computers and the network. Work is performed in accordance with detailed instructions and established routines; however, the employee is required to be alert to apparent irregularities in the data and to notify appropriate personnel of such irregularities.
- Ensures computer equipment and software is running properly.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems with personal computer equipment and software.
- Makes repairs on equipment and software.
- Diagnoses and repairs system and application software problems.
- Assembles new computers and components.
- Installs new software on personal computers and the network.
- Assists clients in installing client computers in a multi-protocol network environment including TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, APPN, etc.
- Installs application software on client computers.
- Installs wiring and cables as necessary.
Associate’s degree in computer science or information systems, and 1 to 2 years of experience in computer system operation; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
Requires a valid driver’s license.
Electronic Systems, Inc. is a premier supplier and service provider of comprehensive office technology. We are committed to providing remarkable innovative solutions to our customers and for our employees, extensive training and development. We are passionate about building a team of highly qualified, customer focused individuals who contribute enthusiastically to our corporate culture and our company's success. With the competitive salary and benefits offered at ESI you build more than a career, you can build a future.
Check us out at www.esi.net
ESI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a drug-free workplace.
Electronic Systems, Inc. (ESI) delivers market-leading technology solutions, exceptional service and consulting expertise to businesses and...