Computer Support Technician
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Supports enterprise migration to Windows 7; supports team with Remedy Trouble ticket resolution to include support to PC desk/laptop and Microsoft Windows Server hardware, operating systems, anti-virus software, virtualization solutions, and data back up systems. May also be required to perform and/or schedule nightly/weekly system backups and restores.
-Provide general technical maintenance support services for the sustainment of desktop hardware, operating system and COTS software. The support may be local support, remote assistance or may involve travel to other government offices. The individual will assist government IT technical support staff in the documentation and configuration of the new hardware and software.
-Provide hardware maintenance support, implementations, preventive / preemptive troubleshooting; hardware upgrades (Firmware, BIOS, Service Packs, memory); software COTS / in-house custom support; adds, moves or changes, implementations, routine preventive/preemptive troubleshooting; software upgrades (Versions, OS, Symantec; AD – Adds, moves or changes/implementations; Security – Adds, moves or changes/implementations.)
-Provide exceptional customer service through strong communications and interpersonal skills, responsiveness and understanding of customer needs and ability to follow-through on problem resolution and prevention of problem recurrence.
-Document problem resolution and utilize best practices and lessons learned.
-Provide customer training as needed to improve effectiveness and ability of customer to leverage information technology
AS Degree or higher - Information Systems; 4 yrs experience
• Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 Operating Systems, specifically with migration from Windows XP or other OS, and with imaging/re-imaging of desk/laptops, configuration and installation of additional software.
• Position requires working knowledge and understanding of Active Directory Services, NAS/DAS.
• Troubleshooting (diagnostics / recovery).
• Position requires knowledge and experience managing printers and devices in a geographically dispersed environment.
• Position requires experience administering network rights, user accounts and groups, printer installation, and knowledge and configuration and support experience with TCP/IP, WINS, DNS, DHCP.
• Position requires user and desktop support experience.
• Position requires excellent customer support and writing skills in a Remedy trouble ticket environment along with a positive attitude and willingness to help other team members.
• Must be able to obtain a Position of Trust designation (MBI)
• Bachelors Degree in technical field preferred.
• Relevant Microsoft Certifications desired
• Experience with MS Servers, account administration, and Google Mail and SharePoint end user support is preferred
• Experience with telecommunications, Blackberry support and VTC support is desired.
• Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Server performance monitoring, tuning, patching
• Knowledge and understanding of maintaining and managing logical and physical devices, RAID, and file systems.
• Current MBI or higher is a plus.
• Federal government or customer experience working with VIPs
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 19 months ago
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...