Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications. Set up equipment for employee use by installing and configuring operating systems and appropriate software. Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities. Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems. Provide technical assistance and support to end users. Confer with staff, end users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications. Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service. Prepare evaluations of software or hardware, and recommend improvements or upgrades. Answer end users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems. Performs other duties related to this job description as required.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Incoming call center support for all Information Management (IM) issues in \
support of Camp Atterbury Joint Maneuver Training Center (CAJMTC).
• Customer support to involve installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and/or
training of software/hardware issue in response to customer requirements.
• Use of Remote Access and/or (Systems Management Server) SMS to support
these tasks. Field incoming customer support calls for supporting IM sections in
response to customers.
• Support Mobilizing/Training units with printer and/or Multifunction Device
requirements. Assist with Post Copier contract services.
• Assist Network Control Center (NCC), via customer service, with
troubleshooting Local Area Network/ Wide Area Network (LAN/WAN)
connectivity, and exchange problem.
• Assists users with basic/intermediate, moderate, and complex task completion,
through the entire Microsoft Office Professional Suite of software.
• Perform operational tests and checks on soldier’ personal devices before use on
the post Internet Service Provider (ISP) network.
Minimum Required Skills, Education, Experience & Abilities:
• High School Diploma
• Must have a minimum of 1-3 years experience or equivalent training in CompTIA A+ Certified
• Must be able to work at Muscatatuck Urban Training Center in Butlerville, IN
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Windows XP and Vista preferred
• Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM),
Symantec Backup Exec, Symantec Anti-Virus, Windows Server Update Service
(WSUS), Windows Data System (WDS) and imaging software.
• Efficient in Microsoft Office
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Must be able to lift 50lbs
• Must be able to lift 20lbs above head
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer (AAE).
Strategic Resources, Inc. - 23 months ago