The Cadmus Group seeks a Computer Support Technician to provide Tier 1 helpdesk support to staff in our Arlington, VA and Bethesda, MD offices, as well as additional remote offices.
• Provide technical support on operating system, networking, and application issues
• Set up new user accounts and workstations and provide user orientation
• Manage imaging and hardware refresh cycles
• Support various desktop applications including Microsoft Office 2010/2013, Project, Visio, Lync, Acrobat and other web based applications
• Troubleshoot computer hardware and office peripherals, including Dell desktops and laptops, printers, monitors, scanners, and phones
• Support and troubleshoot audio visual and video conferencing systems
• Support helpdesk ticketing system, manage and prioritize requests, and escalate tickets
• Configure e-mail, printing, and file access to network resources
• Manage backup tape rotation and off-site processes with external vendor
• Perform occasional work after hours and weekends
• An Associate’s degree in computer science or a related field, or demonstrated academic progress towards a Bachelor's degree is required. Candidates possessing a Bachelor's degree are preferred.
• At least 2 years of work experience providing computer hardware and software support in a helpdesk environment
• A solid understanding of desktop applications, operating systems, and desktop hardware
• Excellent problem-solving, communication, organization, and documentation skills
• Superior customer service skills and attention to detail
• Must be able to work independently and within a team
• Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, System Center, and Office 365 is a plus.
This position is located in our Arlington, VA office and will require regular travel to our Bethesda, MD office.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.