Computer System Analyst
The Computer System Analyst reports to a Supervisor and/or Technical Manager and provides mid-level support for a 24x7 LAN and associated applications, peripherals and connectivity in a Tier I service desk environment on a nationwide contract. This position relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job while working independently or under immediate supervision. The Computer System Analyst may also serve as a mentor or in a supervisory role to junior level Deskside Technicians and System Administrators. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
Travel Requirement: This position may require up to 30% travel.
· Provide senior level support of a 24x7 LAN and associated hardware, applications, users and other equipment both remotely and onsite to include mainframe connectivity and web-based application connectivity.
· Troubleshoot and upgrade existing operational environment consisting of Windows Servers 2000/2003 and workstations running Windows XP, and Windows 2000, Active Directory and Exchange.
· Provide support of peripheral devices such as PDA’s, Blackberry hand held devices and printers
· Utilize Veritas Backup Exec and Computer Associates ArcServe Disaster Recovery software
· Document all work performed and ability to write clear and effective status reports, problem analysis reports and other ad-hoc reports
· Technical support and planning for large projects, operations and special events to include evaluation of wireless and other networking technologies
· Work as a member of a large team and use established standard operating procedures in the conduct of daily duties
· Coordinate with the Technical Manager to ensure problem resolution and user satisfaction
· Install or monitor enterprise installations of new software releases and system upgrades
· Evaluate and install patches, and resolve software related problems
· Maintain data files and monitor system configuration to ensure data integrity
· Utilize the Remedy Action Request System (ARS) to track all service and trouble tickets involving support to end-users
· Responsible for all LAN and Desktop related hardware and may be required to conduct physical inventories
· Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations
· Ability to professionally manage client interaction and expectations regarding service delivery efforts
· Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
· Continually seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
· Apply basic knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients
Knowledge and skills:
· Advanced knowledge of the latest Network Operating Systems and hardware
· Familiarity with LANDesk and experience with BigFix required.
· Advanced knowledge of backup software and hardware
· Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Exchange and Enterprise Messaging Software
· Familiarity with WAN Devices, circuits, cabling and telephonic and/or communication technology
· Working knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within desktop/LAN environment
· Customer interface skills a must.
· Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative technical solutions
Education and work experience:
· Bachelors degree preferred
· 3-5years of related technical experience preferred
· MCSE preferred
· ITIL certification preferred
Clearance Required: Background Investigation and up to Top Secret.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction...