The Procurement Services Department is seeking a highly skilled Computer Technical Support Consultant to direct IT operations and set strategic initiatives under the direction of the Director of Procurement Services and the department's Management Team. We are seeking an IT professional who is motivated by working in an academic environment and supporting the University's mission. Under the supervision of the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will provide advanced computer hardware, network, and software installation and support, and provide consultation services to the staff and student employees within the department. The candidate must be an individual with strong technical and communication skills, who can analyze, develop and maintain a complicated infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Provides technical and administrative coordination and leadership for the department; administers and maintains the SciQuest and Kuali Financial Systems; analyzes, develops and maintains infrastructure; resolves complex software, hardware, network, systems integration and/or related IT problems as they pertain to Procurement's initiatives; takes a leadership role in identifying, investigating, and correcting existing or potential technical or procedural problems; directs the selection, acquisition, and installation of new technology as needed to support the department's personnel; develops, recommends, and implements IT guidelines and procedures for the department consistent with University policy, as approved by Director; in conjunction with others, develops and implements disaster recovery plan (including documentation, system backups, and system redundancies as deemed necessary); implements and monitors data security protocols and access control mechanisms; develops IT services to provide Procurement with the technology resources required; and performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of education and training and three years of related experience.
2. Excellent computer skills with strong technical skills to work with multiple database programs including Microsoft Access.
3. Knowledge of automated procurement systems (e.g. SciQuest) and reporting tools (e.g. Web Focus).
4. Knowledge of troubleshooting with Windows 7, Windows Server and Microsoft Office Suite.
5. Demonstrated communication and writing skills.
6. Demonstrated ability to work well with people, handle technical problems, work well under stress and develop complex plans and strategies.
7. Ability to work well with minimal supervision.
8. Experience making presentations that represent the department and University to external groups.
9. Willingness and ability to travel with own transportation to visit suppliers in support of University initiatives.
1. Experience with computer hardware repair.
2. Programming experience and training on PCs and servers and enterprise systems.
3. Web development skills.
4. Demonstrated familiarity with Kuali Financial Systems, SciQuest applications, database administration skills and/or other advanced technical and programming skills.
5. Expertise with Active Directory, Microsoft Configuration Manager (SCCM) and Group Policy Objects.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive benefit package. The salary range is in the mid- $50s.
Please apply on-line using the University's Husky Hire applicant system. Completed applications must include a letter of interest and resume detailing your qualifications relative to the listed minimum and preferred qualifications, and contact information for three professional references (including name, title, phone number and email address). To ensure consideration, please include Search #2013441. Screening of applications will begin immediately. The University of Connecticut is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:59 PM eastern on 7/9/2013.
University of Connecticut - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -