Work as a member of the Global IT Infrastructure team to provide technical assistance to computer clients. Answer questions and resolve computer problems for clients in person, through the use of remote software, via telephone or electronically. Provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, connectivity, electronic mail, and operating systems. Serve as tier 2 escalation support for the help desk.
Key Result Areas:
- Working as part of a global team, ooverseeing the daily performance of computer systems.
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or technicians for service.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Follow internal procedures for change management, incident management, escalation, etc.
- Other responsibilities and key result areas will be assigned as required
Behavioral and Interpersonal:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2010/2013
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems (Windows Server 2003/2008, Windows XP/7/8 etc.)
- Administration of Mac OS including implementing Mac devices into a business environment Knowledge of creating, maintaining and managing Service Desk Tickets a plus
- Knowledge of Active Directory (2008/2010) group policies design and implementation
- Working knowledge of implementing and supporting Microsoft BackOffice products (Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, SMS, etc.)
- Citrix administration
- Knowledge of ISA/Forefront UAG a plus
- PowerShell a plus
- Solid understanding of IT Security best practices a plus
- Maintains strong values of integrity, commitment and self-improvement
- Understands and applies procedures, regulations, and policies related to areas of specialized expertise.
- Highly results and delivery oriented
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Highly customer service oriented - Comfortable working with end-users (customers) in person, electronically and over the phone
- Highly organized - Excellent follow through and follow up skills
- Demonstrates an aptitude for continuous learning and personal development (intellectually curious)
- Able to multi-task a variety of duties and work requests
- Works well under pressure with changing priorities and not always predictable workload
- Foster and practice knowledge sharing with team members and end-users; good documentation skills
- Effective Communication – Communicates well in both written and verbal medium. Can communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. Practices active listening.
- Team work - Enjoys working as a member of a team, fosters a team environment, is an active and positive participant in forming a team oriented culture.
- Role modeling – can serve as a role model to less senior members of the organization.
Bachelor’s or Associates degree in computer science and/or minimum of 8 years in the computer field or equivalent experience
Experience : 5+ years minimum experience in Help Desk or PC Support roles. Previous Apple Genius experience considered a Plus. System Administration experience/MSCE considered a plus.
Trek Bicycle Corporation - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard