Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Must adhere to concessions and beverage policies
- Monitors guest consumption of alcohol and intervenes as needed according to guidelines
- Serves as ambassador of goodwill while working and at customer and public relations functions
- Has complete knowledge of legal drinking age and procedures. Checks for acceptable identification for guest who appear to be under 30 years of age and attempting to consume or purchase alcoholic beverages.
- Promotes racing events and programs
- Operates and maintains all equipment and utensils as required in accordance with established guidelines and safety procedures
- Operates a cash register/POS System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest the correct change while accounting for all cash/charges; Maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Takes order from customer and cooks food requiring short preparation
- Knows all food required; identifies rotation needs; knows cooking times to ensure that correct cooking is achieved
- Cleans and sanitizes food preparation equipment and work areas
- Cleans counter or tables
- Responsible for adhering to opening procedures at beginning of shift, or closing procedures at the end of shift, including inventory and logs
- Effectively communicate any guest service/operational problems to manager
- Performs additional duties including setup and preparations, restocking, items, filling ice bins, nightly closing and cleaning procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintains a clean and stocked workstation in accordance with established health and safety guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Excellent customer service/communication skills
- Count money and change correctly
- Knows cocktail ingredients and proper mixing and pouring techniques
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
- Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
- Able to work in constricting areas
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Physically mobile with reasonable accommodations including ability to push, pull, carry and lift up to 25 lbs., and the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces
Something to leave you with:
If you're truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an "A" list career portfolio. You will soon understand why "It's Good To Be PENN!"
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job