The Concierge ensures that a high level of customer service is executed in assisting guests, potential clients & students with an array of services designed to make their visit efficient, enjoyable and productive.
The broad range of hospitality responsibilities include providing the logistical support for cooking demonstrations, weekend enthusiast classes and conducting daily public group and VIP tours of CIA Greystone, and creating custom guest itineraries for “The CIA Greystone Experience”.
This position requires a person with a calm, yet upbeat demeanor and a strong ability to multi-task, who works effectively supporting all Greystone departments, working with all the concierge team members in resolving customer relation issues in a manner consistent with the CIA’s public relations standards and image of world class hospitality. He or she acts as first point of contact for potential brides and grooms and secures an impeccable first impression of CIA Greystone’s services, events and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities span across the following departments:
• Furnish information regarding the CIA and the Napa Valley area. Enforce eye contact; greeting guests entering the Greystone’s atrium. Oversee team to represent and reflect the important first impression of the CIA @ Greystone.
• Know all CIA services, programs, features, and hours of operation.
• Know current CIA’s annual events, special events, conferences, and culinary programs.
• Maintain an enthusiastic and service-oriented attitude; effectively resolve hospitality related issues to exceed guest’s expectations and guest’s delight.
• Manage Open Table reservations for Cooking Demonstrations and generate Open Table reports.
• Provide logistical support for weekend enthusiast classes, cooking demos, including cameras and AV and organization of printed materials.
• Provide wine service during cooking demos and promote sales of the Greystone Cellars wine brand.
• Maintain public and group tour schedules to include 3 public tours daily, VIP tours, and tours for Hyde Park alumni.
• Demonstrate concierge team discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality of all student, guest and pertinent CIA information.
• React quickly and proactively in emergency situations according to CIA procedures.
• Maintain an effective response to all telephone calls, voicemails, mail and emails throughout the day.
• Organize phone coverage when Administration Coordinator is absent from the administration desk and assist with administrative functions when required.
• Actively promote cross promotion sales for Flavor Bar experiences, CIA Cookbooks and Greystone Cellars wines.
• Greet and engage with prospective students and their families and capture contact information.
• Promoting sales of Enthusiasts classes, and providing logistical support for all weekend classes, weekend registrations in Continuity and student check-in.
• Assist with registration of CIA conference attendees.
• Remain contact with security regarding all safety, lost items and transportation issues.
• Engage with prospective wedding and corporate clients and capture contact information
• Assist Special Events department with building marketing materials and coordinate support as necessary.
• Assist with reservations requests in Open Table when calls default to the concierge Desk. Organize assistance to diners with physical limitations.
• Create awareness of the WSGR dining and student involvement during tours.
• High School diploma or the equivalent (GED)
• Minimum 4 years of experience in customer service, hospitality, or educational environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel.
• Extensive knowledge of the Napa Valley, including restaurants, wineries, lodging, and local attractions.
• Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively work with multiple teams across the organization to respond to business needs.
• Strong organization and attention to detail; ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks.
• Professional, warm demeanor and impeccable appearance; calm and courteous attitude, even when under pressure.
• Proficient in Open Table and Continuity.