The Concierge is the face of the community and quite often the first contact for prospects, guests, and family members. The Concierge is part of the Member Services Department and collaborates with the Member Services Department to deliver outstanding customer service and develop an enriching community program for the members and residents that integrates and meets member and resident interests and needs into their daily routines. The Concierge shall support programming and amenity services through effective communication and scheduling as trained. The Concierge shall support marketing efforts by completing lead sheets from incoming callers and support marketing as deemed necessary. The Concierge shall provide telephone and administrative support, as appropriate, for all departments in the community. The Concierge shall complete assigned responsibilities under the direct supervision of the Director of Member Services.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. The Concierge shall meet the members and residents requests and needs to further enhance their life with a Yes we can! attitude.
2. Represents the campus in a positive manner while creating an environment that fosters respect and courtesy for members and employees alike. Works within the campus programs to encourage and promote safety and the well-being of all members and employees.
3. Upholds the companys Mission Statement.
4. Maintains HIPAA standards and regards all medical or healthcare information pertaining to members and employees as confidential.
5. Meets and greets all prospects, guests, vendors, and members and residents in a positive and friendly manner. Communicates with appropriate staff for follow up, enforce visitation policies, and offer beverages and snacks as appropriate.
6. Responds promptly to all incoming phone calls and transfers call or receives and distributes messages as necessary.
7. Completes lead sheets for marketing in their absence or unavailability. Includes following the questions to ensure all adequate contact information is attained and properly passed on to the marketing team in a time efficient manner.
8. Responds promptly to visitors at the entrance gates in a positive manner with appropriate follow up based on purpose of visit to the community.
9. Participates in the Member Services team meetings. The Concierge shall bring ideas, resources, and member/resident interests and concerns to each meeting.
10. Maintains RSVP lists for events, outings, lunch and learns and keeps appropriate department heads informed of head counts.
11. Continuously supports the Member services department by assisting with daily and weekly programming reminders, programming changes (if necessary), flyers, and sign-up sheets.
12. Maintains an accurate emergency telephone listing, an accurate key personnel telephone listing, and accurate member directory.
13. Maintains transport schedule for all Transportation Leaders. Creates daily assignment sheets including member name, time of appointment, doctor being seen, and office address when needed and delivers them to the Transportation Leaders. Communicates and works with Transportation Leaders to make adjustments to the appointment schedules accordingly.
14. Maintains salon and spa appointment schedules and delivers to the salon and spa staff accordingly. Follow up with members and residents regarding their appointments may be necessary on occasion.
15. Receives and records work orders for the Facilities Department. Enters work orders into the maintenance software program and closes out completed work orders to maintain accuracy.
16. Supports the community invoice process by sorting the mail and recording all incoming invoices and then reconciling the invoices to ensure theyve been signed and coded by appropriate department heads before sending in the weekly business packet.
17. Updates daily the Community Connection with notes, census data, bookings, etc and emails to all department heads and pertinent positions.
18. Monitors and enforces visitation policies and procedures.
19. Receives, sorts and distributes mail, shipments and other deliveries to the appropriate people.
20. Delivers office memorandums to employees and members (when applicable).
21. Answers all questions according to campus release of information policies and procedures.
22. Assist and support the maintenance of the hydration stations located in the lobbies.
23. Orders office supplies from the list of approved items in order to ensure good fiscal stewardship.
23. May be responsible for Member and Employee meal counts and to provide members with menu changes.
24. May be responsible for maintaining an up to date record of newspaper subscriptions for security and billing purposes.
25. All Concierges shall effectively communicate with each other in order to work as a team for the successful completion of the above listed responsibilities.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Travels occasionally for training sessions, continuing education opportunities, emergency situations, and other company functions.
2. Responsible for knowledge of fire and safety procedures including those involving blood-borne pathogens.
3. Remains in proper uniform at all times and maintains a high standard of appearance.
4. Interacts well with marketing tours and prospective members.
5. Maintains excellent member and employee relations. Handles complaints and recommendations constructively.
6. Attends employee in-services as required.
7. Accepts other duties as required by the Director of Member Services, Healthcare Administrator, and/or Executive Director.
B. Direct Previous Experience
- High school graduation or GED required .
- Certification or completed course work in office management desired.
- Telephone operating and answering experience required.
- Two years experience in a similar concierge/administrative assistant position
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook)
- Ability to work with minimal or close supervision.
- Must conduct all business with a professional manner and with a high level of
- Must have a valid drivers license.
office noise levels).
- Work indoors (fluorescent lights, HVAC system, carpeted flooring, normal
- Climb up to two flights of stairs.
- Lift objects of 25 pounds or less over the head.
- Move objects of 40 pounds or more.
- Ability to work under time-sensitive or stressful situations.
- Respond to medical emergencies if needed.
- Assist with member evacuations.
Senior Living Communities - 16 months ago