Friendly, warm and enthusiastic personality required; strong knowledge of the surrounding area; basic computer skills required. Previous front desk, reservations, concierge, belldesk or night audit experience in a luxury property preferred. This list may not include all duties assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Will report to work on time, in proper uniform, neatly groomed.
2. Employee will be responsible for punching in and out properly and for having his/her time card while at work.
3. Possess a thorough knowledge of check-in and check out procedures. To be completely familiar with all front desk computer operations and procedures for arrival and departures.
4. Responsible for operation of the PBX switchboard. Talking messages for guests and staff members: these must be complete and accurate. Use of proper and professional telephone etiquette.
5. Responsible for weekly and daily key inventories.
6. Responsible for own cash drawer, must complete an inventory at the beginning and the end of a shift. Report any discrepancies to the One Willow Bridge Road Manager or Assistant Manager. The cash drawer and deposit at the end of the shift must balance.
7. Complete knowledge of front desk operations and procedures.
8. Knowledge of all forms and vouchers used at the front desk.
9. Consistently note in the front office log book all guest comments and complaints. Alert management when follow-up is necessary.
10. Complete knowledge of OWBR key system and its functions.
11. Fill all reasonable guest requests or requirements
12. Anticipate guest service needs.
13. Discretion will be used at all times concerning guest activities and special requests.
14. Coordinate guest requests for hotel transportation with the Sonnenalp Resort and the One Willow Bridge Road bell staff.
15. Contact future guests in advance of arrival for pre-arrival arrangements and special requests. Guests to be contacted by e-mail including the concierge request form, if they do not provide an e-mail address they should be contacted per mail. All One Willow Bridge Road owners will be contacted by phone 4 weeks prior to their arrival to follow up.
16. Contact departing guests the day prior to offer transportation arrangements for their return to the airport.
17. Develop relationships with area restaurants, shops, clubs, salons, car rental agencies, shuttle services, florists, etc. as these relationships are key to success for meeting guest expectations.
18. Keep informed of all ongoing happenings in the area i.e. special events, concerts, sports and leisure activities. Establish close contacts with appropriate people in these areas.
19. Recommend our in-house restaurants, spa, shops, golf course, etc. Knowledgeable of hours of operation and menus. Maintains accurate reservation logs for all applicable facilities.
20. Receives messages for in-house guests insuring proper delivery by accessing their room or by computer messaging. If guest is arriving ensures proper delivery through communication with Concierge Desk, Business Center, and/or Bellstaff.
21. Properly handles guest mail, packages, faxes or other deliveries by ascertaining room numbers or arranging storage (long or short) for delivery at a later date.
22. Assist in facilitating luggage handling and shipping.
23. Coordinate guest ski delivery or storage with Bellstaff.
24. Follow up with guest after check-in to reiterate guest services available and to review prearranged itineraries.
25. Be aware of all daily hotel functions, locations and times for appropriate guest direction.
26. Maintain accurate logs of all guest activities booked or reservations made.
27. Reconfirm all guest activities with vendor 24 hours in advance.
28. Issue lift tickets to guest and maintain accurate record for all tickets sold and of room postings made.
29. Rent bicycles and other equipment as requested by guests.
30. Post charges to guests rooms and reconcile billings.
31. Maintain extensive relationships with Concierge in other areas to be able to network and secure services for guests in other areas besides Vail.
32. Membership in the Vail Valley Concierge Guild and the Concierge Guild of Colorado is required.
33. Comply with all policies and procedures of the Sonnenalp Resort of Vail as well as applicable Vail Associates policies.
34. Complete tasks and projects delegated by the One Willow Bridge Road Manager and/or the Assistant Manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staffing levels demand. Assisting the Bellstaff with valet parking, check-ins, check-outs, is a prime example of extra duties that may be required.
35. Responsible for daily issuance of amenities for return guests as well as amenities that are requested by guests prior to arrival. Maintains accurate record of all amenities issued.
36. Responsible for publishing the Sonnenalp Post or similar publication on a daily basis.
37. Assist Club Members in scheduling Space Available vacations and any other Planned Vacation week. Be familiar with all aspects of the Fractional Ownership Reservation procedures and process.
38. Adhere and be familiar with OWBR rules and regulations. Be familiar with all aspects of the Fractional Ownership procedures and process.
39. Any other task either in written or verbally defined by the OWBR Management.
Sonnenalp Hotel - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard