To perform the duties of a concierge at the Cherry Ridge SNF desk, purpose will include the operation of a multi-line phone, monitoring of security / emergency systems, operating a computer, and administrative support for the team.
Concierge Responsibilities, 70% of duties
* Operates quickly and professionally a multi-line phone.
* Welcomes residents, families, visitors in a pleasant and professional manner
* Contacts persons carrying pagers/cell phones as necessary and / or requested.
* Operates a paging system and two-way radio to locate personnel, announce fire alerts, and medical emergencies.
* Performs all receptionist duties to include; directing visitors to residents, mail and packages, answering questions from the public, residents and staff with tact, discretion, and good judgment.
* Acts as information center for residents
* Assists residents in any way possible such as providing resource, encouragement and facilitate emergency assistance
* Serves as liaison between residents and other departments
* Carries the responsibility of informing necessary persons when any of the many alarms in the reception area should sound
* Creates and maintains an informational “concierge” book to help residents with services information available within the community
Administrative Responsibilities, 25% of duties
* Logs office supplies needed, creates and forwards requisition for needed supplies
* Relays all messages received during and after office hours.
* Processes delivery of packages, plants and other material accepted.
* Acts as back up for entering maintenance work orders for residents and personnel for Cherry Ridge SNF
* Maintains resident account petty cash sign out sheets for accountability
* Maintains all telephone and emergency contact lists
* Performs administrative support duties to the SNF team to include; typing, calendar creation, flyer creation, using the computer, memos, sorts and processes delivery of mail (when administrative assistant isn’t available), making copies and using the fax machine for residents and staff, assist in the training of new operators.
* Performs other duties as assigned by the Office Manager
Administrative Backup Responsibilities, 5% of duties
* Facilitates communication amongst all interdisciplinary team members
* Assists other administrative personnel at Cherry Ridge with major projects as needed
* Acts as back up for the Administrative assistant as needed
* Periodically assists with the activities dept.
*Demonstrates ability to remain calm during adverse conditions, such as alarms going off, dealing with more than one task at a time.
*Reliable, dependable and punctual in use of work time.
*Demonstrates initiative and cooperation in professional working relationships.
*Complies with applicable organizational policies and procedures i.e. mandatory education, health requirement, and HR requirements.
*Demonstrates a commitment of quality through participation on improvement teams and identifying opportunities for improvement.
*Works to improve performance relative to the system’s organizational goals.
*Consistently delivers high quality service being responsive to customer needs.
Working Conditions The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Education High school diploma or equivalent. Two-year college or technical school preferred, six months related experience and/ or training in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be competent with Windows 95, and Microsoft Word. Familiarity w/ Printshop Deluxe is a plus.
Language Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Math Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages.
Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Physical & Sensory Requirements While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift an/ or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required for this position include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Safety Factors The employee is required to ensure personal safety, monitor work environment and make necessary improvements while ensuring the safety of others to include, adhering to regulations set by OSHA, DOH, and facility regulations, to include fire protection/prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc. Tasks involved in this position may involve potential and/or direct exposure to blood, body fluids, infectious diseases, air contaminants, and hazardous chemicals.
Values The employee is required to uphold the organization’s values & department values listed below
Partnership Customer Satisfaction
Leadership Contribution to the Rochester Community
Disclaimer to all current St. Ann's Community employees As a current employee of St. Ann’s Community, it is your responsibility to inform your manager that you have applied for this position. However, by submitting an online application you are granting St. Ann’s Community permission to contact your current supervisor to determine eligibility for an internal transfer.
St. Ann's Community - 17 months ago