STRUCTURAL collaborates with clients to improve infrastructure by combining our award-winning specialty construction, repair and maintenance services with our proprietary technologies to provide innovative solutions for demanding engineering and construction challenges.
STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES is focused on sustaining and enhancing customers’ infrastructure with technology-driven solutions - offering proven expertise to address the toughest, most complex construction and maintenance challenges. Using advanced technologies in its products and systems, STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES delivers innovative, highly effective solutions to its customers.
We are currently recruiting for a Concrete Quality Assurance Specialist to join our STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES team in our office in Hanover , MD. As a Concrete Quality Assurance Specialist, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on a variety of challenging projects. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to: working with cement-based product manufacturers and customers in a Quality Assurance capacity; screening and blending samples – batching, mixing and testing freshly mixed concrete or grout samples; testing hardened concrete or mortar specimens for strength and volume change; concrete mix design optimization; detailed recordkeeping; compiling test reports; updating databases with test results.
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be considered for this position:
Candidates who meet the following criteria may be given preference:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Materials Engineering, Construction Industry Management or related field
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher
- Current certification as a Concrete Field or Lab Testing Technician or have the ability to be certified in recognized concrete testing programs within six months of hire
- Ability to work independently on repetitious testing activities with high degree of accuracy
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic understanding of averages, means, statistics and basic database concepts
Our ideal candidate will possess strong verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent documentation, organizational, and computer skills. Candidates must have a positive outlook and team-orientation approach. Approximately 10% travel is required with this position. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, including 401(k) and bonus program. EOE/M/F/D/V
- 1-3 years of post-collegiate experience in the civil/structural engineering field
- Experience in maintaining a testing database
- Experience testing concrete and/or group
With member companies dating back to 1902, Structural Group is firmly committed to its ongoing mission of making new and existing structures...