Manitou Concrete Company
Job Requisition ID: 24877
Job Type: Field Technician
Work Time: Full Time Permanent
State: New York (US-NY)
Postal/Zip Code: 14623
Concrete Quality Control Technician
Come join The Dolomite Group and begin the rest of your future with us. Dolomite’s recruiting Vision Statement is to provide a World Class development program that attracts, retains, and produces emerging leaders within Dolomite and throughout Oldcastle. By combining a whole company approach with individual mentorship, formal and hands on education, we provide an opportunity for our employees to be immersed in our cultural values that have lead us to profitability and success. Start your career today and apply!!
• Comply with all corporate and departmental safety policies
• Be well organized
- Candidate will be responsible for performing routine tests as required on raw materials, process components and final product. Candidate will participate in the validation of tests, inspections, processing methods and materials qualifications.
- Position requires the employee to perform a wide variety of Quality Control functions including, but not limited to, the following:
- Monitor and test process functions and materials daily to ensure products meet or exceed requirements of the appropriate agency or customer
- Correct any deviations from the requirements
- Follow quality control plans or guidelines as assigned
- Evaluate data for deviations or trends away from accepted standards
- Report and input data in a complete, timely and understandable fashion; Maintain test result database
- Obtain required certifications in a timely manner
- Assist internal and external customers in any quality related matters
- Overtime and/or night work, weekend work may be required during the peak season
- Ensure that all test equipment is functioning properly, maintained as required by company and that all calibrated equipment is within its calibration cycle.
- Communicate with the Technical and other Managers, advising them of current job status and locations as required.
- Communicate with clients.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50 lbs. Physical abilities test will be required. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or GED preferred. Previous experience a plus.
- Understanding of leadership skills and strong communication skills a plus
- Ability to work with computers
- Valid State driver’s license
- Candidate will need to be able to lift and/or assist up to 70 lbs
Manitou a division of Oldcastle Materials and is a leading supplier of concrete, asphalt, and aggregates to the construction industry
Drug free workplace- Employment is contingent on successfully passing a background check and pre-employment physical and drug screen.
An Equal Employment Opportunity employer
Manitou Concrete Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Manitou Concrete Company is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 14 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...