We are looking for an enthusiastic, organized, and customer service oriented individual to be the newest member of our team! The Conference Center Coordinator works within the Open Enrollment team to ensure that the conference center operates smoothly and that all classes and events run successfully. The coordinator must work diligently to maintain a professional, friendly, and welcoming environment for our students and to sustain a neat appearance of the conference centers.. The successful candidate must be dependable, flexible, customer focused, detail oriented, trustworthy with the ability to work independently within a fast paced environment. This is an excellent entry level opportunity for someone looking to gain experience in the workforce.
- Ensure that the conference center is neat, clean, and presentable at all times
- Setting-up course packets and student information boards
- Handling catering needs for daily events as well as special events
- Managing physical set-up and break-down of classes
- Allocating set-up and use of audio-visual and computer equipment
- Receive deliveries, maintain vendor relationships, and order and maintain inventory control
- Help coordinate work for part-time staff
- Provide excellent customer service to students, instructors, and internal customers
- Answering telephone calls and maintaining an accurate calendar of events
- Candidate must be willing to work flexible hours and/or overtime
- Have the ability and flexibility to work at either one of our training centers when required
- Utilize excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent command of the English language and outstanding business communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to interact effectively and efficiently with a variety of ESI’s customers, vendors and subcontractors.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment and with all levels of people within the organization.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to develop strong relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Candidate is expected to have a professional appearance and demeanor at all times.
- College degree or equivalent work experience, meeting planning or hospitality experience, a plus.
- Two years experience in a client/customer service oriented environment.
- Dependable with the ability to make field decisions and respond promptly to multiple needs.
- Must be a reliable self-starter and self-motivated individual that can work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
ESI International - 20 months ago