General Summary of Duties :|
The Conference Concierge Manager is responsible for assisting the Senior Conference Concierge in directing and coordinating the daily operations of the Convention Services Conference Concierge department. The Conference Concierge Manager acts as a liaison between meeting professionals/Convention/Catering Managers and all operating departments to ensure high standards of the organization and optimal guest service throughout all convention and banquet meeting areas. This position requires a visible and accessible floor presence in order to understand and act upon all client needs.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Requires prolonged walking and standing. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols and colors. Ability to push and/or pull a file cabinet weighing five to fifteen pounds. .
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is usually performed in an office environment that is fast paced. Requires the ability to mullti-task and complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate must be organized, personable and enthusiastic.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
- Proactively monitor customer functions, spending 90% of each day interacting with meeting professionals and their attendees to ensure customer satisfaction
- Review all relevant written communications, Daily Event Lists, Group Resumes, Banquet Event Orders
- Ensure a smooth and seamless operation of all events and meetings by working closely with supporting departments to ensure efficiency of daily operations
- Meet with Meeting Professionals/Convention and Catering Managers prior to the start of the first event to verify meeting specifications
- Inspect and detail all meeting rooms/function spaces prior to the start of each event with sufficient time to make any necessary changes
- Build a professional rapport with the client and maintain a constant presence in the Convention Center in order to respond quickly and effectively to requests
- Continually inspect for cleanliness and maintenance of all function space, public areas and banquet areas
- Coordinate with all operating departments to ensure top product quality
- Communicate any event changes in a timely manner to relevant operating departments and the Convention/Catering Manager responsible for the group
- Facilitate communication from one shift to another
- Ensure compliance by all Convention Services personnel with Company and departmental rules, policies, and procedures
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge of basic and fundamental standards of Convention Services/Banquet department and general hotel operations. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, well organized and demonstrated strong problem solving skills. Must be able to multi-task, work independently and maintain a positive attitude within a very busy environment. Working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and Delphi. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. ability to operate office equipment (i.e., computer, copier, fax, and telephone). Ability to read, write, and understand English. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemicals labels, and other instructions. Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to support business needs of the hotel.
Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management /Administration or related discipline preferred.
Minimum of two (2) years Convention Services/Catering and hotel operations experience. Experience in a large convention hotel.
Fontainebleau Resorts - 12 months ago