Title: Conference Coordinator, The Photo Group
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: San Juan Capistrano, CA
Ensure all trade show conference logistical efforts are executed efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
- Support Operations and Conference Managers with all pre-show and on-site planning and management for PhotoPlus Expo and Wedding & Portrait Photographers International (WPPI) tradeshows.
- Create speaker contract template and track status of speaker agreements.
- Collect speaker bios, sponsor logos and photos for use in marketing materials.
- Update and maintain speaker database for each event to include contact/badge info, AV, housing requirements and other special requests.
- Assist with coordination of speaker travel including hotel reservations. Work with travel agents on airfare rates.
- Update conference websites with various speaker and session information (speakers, bios, sponsor logos, handouts, headshots and company information).
- Track speaker’s audio/visual requirements, model requests, and special room setups.
- Assist conference management in proofreading (conference brochures, show directories and signage).
- Assist with the sponsorship contracting and fulfillment process; and managed sponsorships onsite, as needed
- Track and maintain various Excel spreadsheets and coordinate publication bin inserts, sponsor bag inserts and literature distribution at show entrances.
- Coordinate exhibitor meeting-room rentals and act as main contact onsite at shows.
- Assist managers with new vendor setup and invoice processing.
- Assist with management of housing, as needed.
- Assist with final hotel bill reconciliation and auditing.
- Serve as a floor manager at additional Emerald Expositions events, as needed.
- Travel to assist with pre-show and be on-site, as deemed necessary.
- Coordinate various responsibilities as assigned by Operations Managers.
-Takes charge in a positive way.
-Demonstrates initiative, leads by example and motivates others to follow.
-Respected by others for job/technical expertise and high standards maintained.
-Takes pride and ownership in delivering quality customer service.
-Takes responsibility for own actions.
-Handles stressful situations with maturity.
-Cooperates with others and proactively contributes to a positive working environment.-Puts company and departmental goals above individual interests-contributes to the development of team goals and plans.
-Attempts to see the value of others’ ideas and suggestions even if they differ from his/her own.
-Manages time wisely--proactive not reactive.
-Generates new ideas and concepts in operations and services.
-Handles multiple tasks accurately and works at an appropriate pace.
-Utilizes all available resources to meet deadlines.
-Communicates proactively with internal and external clients.
-Ensures client satisfaction through targeted measures.
-Develops an understanding of client business issues.
- Problem Solving & Judgment:
-Keen ability to identify and resolve work related problems.
-Sets priorities and adopts strategies which balance short term and long range objectives.
-Finds answers and creates solutions with limited structure and/or specific direction.
- Knowledge and understanding of meeting/event planning principles, requirements and procedures.
- Proficient using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Highly motivated, organized and capable of functioning with minimal direction.
- Work well within in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Able to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the year (approximately 4-6 weeks a year).
- College degree preferred and/or equivalent industry experience (1-3 years preferred).
To apply send us a cover letter explaining how you qualify for the above position, your resume and your salary requirements/history with Subject Line: Conference Coordinator