NATIONAL SALES MANAGER
This is a remote work opportunity with a strong base salary plus commissions and benefits.
No Relocation is neccessary for the right candidate.
The National Sales Manager position is a business development role that will hunt for new meeting and convention housing clients. This individual will develop their own leads, research and qualify those leads, and to make sales calls on them via e-mail, phone calls, direct mail and personal visits. Additionally this individual will work with the General Manager to develop an annual Marketing Plan, Revenue Goals and the overall plan to grow the company to become one of the leaders in the convention housing industry.
Convention Center Sales, or a combination;
- Minimum 4-Year College Degree;
- Minimum 8-Years Experience in Large Hotel Sales (500+ rms.), CVB Trade Show Sales or
- Membership in various industry associations such as PCMA, MPI, etc .;
- Not Afraid of Cold-Calling;
- Knows how to Leave a Message and get a High Rate of Call-Backs;
- Proven Track Record of Finding and Booking New Business;
- Ability to Travel as Necessary to Close Business;
- Aggressive, Energetic, Self-Motivated, and highly Money-Motivated.
National Association/SMERF market;
- Become an expert on the company process of providing housing;
- Become an expert on our top 10 Competitors and to pinpoint their weaknesses;
- Develop a Sales “Plan-of-Attack” to go after medium sized conventions, concentrating on the
in their hand and eventually bringing interested potential clients to the Corporate Office to
- Split each week between research and actual sales calls, with the goal of getting a proposal
learn our process and meet our team;
- Visit potential clients as necessary;
- Come up with creative ways to overcome roadblocks in landing potential clients;
- Develop relationships with potential clients still under contract with a competitor for the next several years;
- Attend conventions and t rade shows as we see a benefit in them;
- Assist in the creation and revision of the annual/ongoing Marketing Plan;
- Help the company to keep growing and morphing to become and stay fabulous;
- Once the business is booked, to turn the client over to an Account Manager for
200 Route 31 North, Suite 204 , Flemington , NJ 08822 | P: 908-979-0928 x117 | F: 908-979-1198 | Tom @THSweb.com
Monster - 17 months ago