This is a franchise job posting,
Conference Services Manager, Turnberry Isle Miami, Autograph Collection@,
Please do not apply for this job online. Please contact the property directly at
or via email at
Talent Acquisition Solutions
Recruiting Operations and Delivery on behalf of Marriott International, Inc.
Conference Services Manager
Director of Conference Services
Scope of Position:
The primary duty of the Conference Services Manager is to coordinate and execute all aspects of meeting planning necessary to ensure client satisfaction; this includes recreation arrangements, meeting set up, meal events including food and beverage menu planning, room reservations, recreational arrangements and coordinating with group billing.
Programs will range from local day-meetings with less then 10 rooms to larger conference events up to 150 guests. Additional areas within scope of meeting management will be fielding inquires for local social event such us weddings, bar/bat mitzvahs, local event planners, annual corporate holiday events, golf tournaments,
social reunions and networking events.
- Hospitality Management degree or equivalent (progressive experience in a hotel or a related field) preferred.
- Minimum of four years experience in hotel catering and conference planning. Additional experience in the hospitality industry (i.e. sales) an asset
- Good understanding of the luxury hotel market.
- Possess or attain CMP designation within three years of hire/taking position.
- Long and flexible hours sometimes may be required.
- Light work – exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects
- Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
- Able to anticipate potential difficult situations and respond quickly with an effective solution (proactive)
- Be knowledgeable, flexible, creative and helpful to clients in the planning process.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data.
- Must be proactive and have good decision making abilities “one the run”
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests
- Menu and cost profit awareness
- Food and beverage knowledge helpful
- Working knowledge of CI/TY Microsoft Word, Excel and Meeting Matrix.
Skills and Ability to
: Work independently and exercise sound judgment within established guidelines; understand and implement administrative policies and procedures; conduct administrative research and analysis; collect, evaluate and interpret varied data, evaluate alternatives and reach sound conclusions; use word processing, graphics, spreadsheet and database programs to develop reports, databases and communications materials; compose correspondence; type at rate of 50 net words per minute from printed copy; coordinate multiple projects and meet critical deadlines; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Establish and Foster the business relationship with the client, including follow-up communication.
- Responsible for maximizing revenues, controlling labor expenses, acting as a liaison between client and operating departments, to ensure a successful meeting, and rebook business
- Solicit/confirm event related information with client. Organize/disseminate information to all departments through e-mails, memos, event orders, directives, resumes and rooming list in a timely manner
- Build creative menus, mindful of food costs, labor costs and kitchen capabilities. Obtain approval from the Director, CS& C when any special menus are sold.
- Confirm electrical, internet, telecommunications, audio visual and exhibit requirements based on discussions with the client.
- Create floor plans for the best use of space for each event and to ensure banquet and client are in agreement prior to set up.
- Obtain guarantees of food and beverage events for Banquets and Kitchen. Must advice if any great deviation in number occurs, so labor and food cost can be controlled.
- Responsible for sufficiently “washing” room block and food and beverage covers in order to ensure a more accurate forecast.
- Initiate billing procedures, ensuring client credibility and that deposit and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame.
- Yield bedroom and meeting space daily to ensure optimum potential through the use of CI/TY system.
- Conduct pre-conference meetings to ensure key departments fully aware of relevant details pertaining to group upon their near arrival.
- Responsible for attending Department, EO and Resume Meetings on a regular basis.
- Conduct and/or attend daily meeting to review event contracts to ensure last minute changes are communicated with service departments..
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Contact client and confirm program, dates, times, function space requirement, expected attendance
- Assist client with guest room reservations, accounting procedures, food and beverage selections, audio visual needs, equipment rental, vendor referrals, transportation, recreational activities, and any other assistance needed.
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups.
- In timely manner per standard, prepare Event Orders for all functions, prepare group resume and work with all departments of hotel involved in execution of respective functions.
Coordinate accurate, up to date changes
- Compile weekly and monthly updates of revenue forecasts on a group-by-group basis and revise as necessary.
- Monitor and supervise CS Coordinator conducting daily meetings to prioritize workload.
- Know relevant policies- Menu and Pricing, food handling, lost and found, cancellation, service charge, guarantee, payment, shipping and receiving, etc
- Fully knowledgeable of (and in adherence to) liquor and fire safety laws and regulations.
- Fully aware of any industry trends.
- Attend weekly/monthly departmental communication meetings, also sales and operations meetings as required
- Attend the post conference follow-up to address strengths and weaknesses of an event while soliciting return business.
- Establish good business and social relationships with the industry and participate in activities related to public relations to further increase sales leads for the department as well as the hotel.
- Responsible for following the guidelines/deadlines as detailed in the Conference Services and Catering checklist.
On a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long periods of time in front of a computer screen; intermittently twist to reach equipment or supplies surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and computer keyboard on a daily basis; occasionally lift and carry items weighing up to 10 pounds.
I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Conference Services Manager Job description. This is a summary of the main responsibilities for this position. Business demands dictate work hours and schedules. Attendance and timeliness are a requirement of this position. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of this position at any time, in order to meet our guests’ needs. I understand that I must also adhere to the property service standards, as well as grooming and uniform standards specific to this position, always maintaining a neat and clean appearance. I will also adhere to any OSHA (safety) practices and wear any assigned PPE (personal protective equipment) as needed.
Marriott - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -