1. Accurately record all necessary meeting details (date, time, locations, file symbol, recurrences, catering, set-up, AV, etc.) into scheduling software.
2. Immediately capture and communicate all service changes, additions, cancellations to appropriate local support staff firm-wide.
3. Special event planning- logistical timelines, event agendas, menu planning, etc. Oversee and participate in execution when needed. (receive/ set-up deliveries, direct guests, etc.)
4. Provide back-up for local support staff as needed. Reception, Switchboard, Facilities, Catering, AV (knowledge of equipment, set-up and troubleshooting -will train).
5. Deal directly with on-site and outside vendors- negotiate pricing, coordinate and oversee delivery of products and services.
6. Perform routine "quality of service checks" on all local conference room and visitor offices,. Set-up and restock according to respective checklist.
7. Coordinate maintenance and housekeeping in conference rooms, visitor offices, reception and common areas.
8. Keep CS Management informed of any potential issues, upcoming events, etc. Provide possible solutions and suggestions.
9. Must stay informed with constant updates to firm-wide visitor offices, conference rooms, locations, room capabilities/limitations, equipment use, local support staff, set up and breakdown alert times, etc.
10. Contact office services regarding after-hours HVAC, climate control requests for conference facility.
• Notify local Secretarial Services Supervisor and administrator of lawyer requests for overtime or additional staffing.
• Performs other work related duties as assigned by the Conference Services Manager.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Associate or bachelors degree or the equivalent with a minimum of two years of related work experience
• Strong customer service skills
• Solid verbal and written communication skills
• Must be highly organized with strong attention to detail
• Effectively able to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Windows (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and internet
Must demonstrate the ability to;
• Maintain strict confidentiality of the firm’s internal and personnel affairs.
• Interact effectively and professionally with all levels of personnel, including firm leadership, management and support staff.
• Maintain composure under pressure and stressful situations.
• Plan, organize and carry out multiple related activities with limited supervision.
• Work effectively in a culturally and educationally diverse environment.
• Contribute positively to a firm-wide team across multi-office environment.
Normal office environment and schedule.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
Ropes & Gray - 14 months ago