Did you know?
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader in our field, dedicated to quality in every area of our business and respected for our outstanding business ethics. Despite our large size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
Description of position
The Configuration Analyst will be accountable for the development, implementation, customization, and administration of an IT Service Management Configuration Management Database (CMDB) solution. This position is responsible for identifying, organizing and mapping the relationships between software, hardware, networking and other critical IT components and services. The Configuration Analyst will focus on developing processes and procedures to deploy Configuration Management, along with implementation and maintenance of the Configuration Management System (CMS). Responsibilities will include managing and maintaining current and verified information on the status of managed I.T. items, their relationships and dependencies, tracking and auditing against baselines.
Tasks and responsibilities
Required skills, abilities, and certifications
- Provide technical leadership for the design and implementation of an Enterprise-wide CMDB solution.
- Define Configuration Management plans, standards and procedures.
- Participate in the analysis and integration of discovery tools with the CMDB
- Identify Configuration Items (CI) types and creates new CI’s as required.
- Perform data mapping of source data into the CMDB
- Provide scheduled and ad hoc reporting.
- Audit CMDB for accuracy and reconciliation of discrepancies.
- Continual process improvement.
- Interface effectively with other processes and process owners.
- Understand and adheres to Costco’s Mission Statement and Code of Ethics.
Recommended skills, abilities, and certifications
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated configuration management in a large enterprise environment.
- Minimum of 6 years in large enterprise I.T. infrastructure environment.
- Demonstrated experience designing, developing and implementing Configuration Management processes, procedures and tools.
- Experience conducting requirements analysis activities to identify criteria for Configuration Items and their relationships.
- Experience integrating multiple vendors’ discovery data into a CMDB
- Advanced knowledge of Configuration Management Systems and reporting tools.
- Experience defining Configuration Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Demonstrated strong organization qualities in order to meet tight deadlines as well as coordinate, prioritize and communicate project statuses to required parties.
- Must be a team player – friendly, communicative, open, honest, thoughtful and committed.
- Must work cooperatively with others, sharing ideas and collaborating and ultimately putting team goals first.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently or with team members with little supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proven leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
To Apply: Email your current resume to IT_JOBS@costco.com . If hired, you will be required to provide proof of authorization to work in the United States.
- ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
- Experience with one or more IT Service Management and CMDB tools (including and not limited to IBM/Tivoli, HP, Service-Now, Computer Associates, BMC, etc.)
- Extensive experience with Change, Release, Request, Incident, Deploy, Problem, Service Continuity or Service Level Management.
Costco Wholesale is a multi-billion dollar global retailer with warehouse club operations in eight countries. We are the recognized leader...