Configuration Management Analyst
DLS Engineering Associates, Inc, a government engineering logistics services firm, is seeking qualified candidates to fill a potential full-time opening in Washington, DC as a Configuration Management (CM) Analyst to support a U.S. Coast Guard Major Systems Acquisition project staff.
The duties will include but are not limited to:
o Prepare CM related documentation for the Department of Homeland Security Enterprise Architecture Board (EAB) in accordance with EAB Governance and Investment Review Process, policies, standards, and procedures, as required.
o Ensure that all IT hardware and software are compliant with the HLS Enterprise Architecture (EA) Technical Reference Model (TRM) Standards and Products Profile and that data assets, information exchanges and data standards comply with the DHS Data Management Policy MD 103-01.
o Ensure all EA-related component acquisitions are Internet Protocol Version 6 (IPv6) compliant as defined in the U.S. Government Version 6 (USGv6) Profile National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication 500-267)
- Perform Functional Configuration Audit (FCA) to ensure the project’s functional requirements are met by reviewing test plans, procedures, and reports.
- Perform Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) to ensure that the project deliverables received are consistent with all as-built documentation. Develop a Physical Configuration Audit Plan to ensure consistency between actual system received and baseline configuration.
- Compile data from the physical audit reports into a single report and track the status of identified Configuration Item discrepancies to ensure that they are corrected.
- Update and maintain the system’s Configuration Management Plan (CMP) and associated processes and procedures in response to changes in DHS/USCG CM policy and user feedback. Closely coordinate document changes and updates with technical support staffs.
- Coordinate Configuration Review Board and Configuration Control Board (CRB/CCB) activities and serve as the central Point of Contact (POC) for engineering change requests (ECR) and proposals (ECP). Record and distribute meeting minutes. Update and maintain a USCG configuration management database and spreadsheet to track the status of current ECRs and ECPs.
- C oordinate the review and approval of a Technology Refresh and Insertion Plan Appendix to the Government CMP to address emergent obsolescence issues, and approval of substitutions.
- Review invoices against the Bill of Material to ensure CM configuration item accuracy.
- Develop , maintain and analyze change control process metrics (e.g., ECP cycle time, rate of Class I ECP approval, number of approved ECP implementing actions completed vs. schedule) for the purpose of continuous process improvement.
- Ensure compliance with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) requirements:
- C reate and maintain requirements traceability matrix to ensure documents accurately describe the design of project systems. Ensure requirements traceability through the use of accepted engineering tools including the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Meet and confer with government officials regarding the status of specific program/technical activities and progress.
- Ensure that program schedule, performance, and deliverables are met.
- Bachelors Degree. BS in information technology, electrical engineering or related field a plus.
- Four (4) years CM experience supporting a DoD/USCG major acquisition project for electronics or information technology.
- Two (2) years experience with DOORS or equivalent requirements management system.
- Configuration and Data Management (CDM), CMII, or equivalent certification. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- Must be eligible to obtain a secret clearance.
DLS Engineering Associates, Inc. - 16 months ago
We are an established and growing service provider in the government industry. We are dedicated to our mission of providing business...