Configuration Management & Implementation Analyst
About the Organization:
IR2 Technology is an enterprise systems and software development organization that supports Treasury’s Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP).
About Servicer and Investor Reporting:
Investor Reporting 2 (IR2) is a large-scale, high-performance transaction mortgage and loan processing system. The application is being developed using proven technologies, including PL/SQL, ORACLE, Ab-Initio and Java in complex combinations following established and proven methodologies and practices for the development of large scale technology systems. The project team will deliver this work in a manner that is transparent to Client’s customers, while adhering to aggressive timelines and goals to assure a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
About the Team & its Responsibilities:
The Configuration Management (CM) team:
„X Ensures IR2 organization adheres to ESO SCM Policy and Principles;
„X Manages rollout and infrastructure installation of commercial and in-house CM tools (e.g. ClearCase, ClearQuest, DOORS, ACMS) across Unix and Windows environments;
„X Performs CM activities such as project setup, component setup, baseline creation, build assembly, deployments (upper environments) and end user CM support;
„X Provides formal and informal CM tools training, process consultation and architectural guidance to IR2 team;
„X Codes and customizes commercial and in-house CM tools to automate manual activities and enforce process adherence;
„X Provides status accounting reports to ensure IR2 team is aware of product change status and environment configurations;
„X Assists other teams in automating their deployments and workflow (e.g. Shared Services, Test Services);
„X Performs CM tools administration (e.g. backup verification, user tool access, space monitor);
„X Sets up all IR2 logical environments (string, integration, triage, performance);
„X Assists development team in verifying automation deployment scripts
„X Performs deployments to production & non-production environments;
„X Serves as focal for resolving deployment issues in runtime environments;
„X Works with IR2 Infrastructure group to coordinate and verify environment infrastructure upgrades.
The CM & Implementation Analyst will be responsible for:
• Manages rollout and infrastructure installation of commercial and in-house CM tools (e.g. ClearCase, ClearQuest, ACMS) across Unix and Windows environments.
• Performs CM activities such as project setup, component setup, baseline creation, build assembly, deployments (upper environments) and end user CM support, implement and enforcing the CM process for the IR2 project using the ClearCase UCM model.
• The Configuration Manager will perform deployments of the IR2 application to multiple environments as well as provide user support to our customers. This person will also be responsible for resolving issues in IR2 runtime environments.
• In addition, the candidate will also assist with the overall infrastructure of the IR2 project including the coordination of environment infrastructure upgrades.
• The Configuration Manager will define and develop process, procedures to enhance the IR2 development environment.
• Provide formal and informal CM tools training, process consultation and architectural guidance to IR2 team.
• Five or more years of CM experience in designing, developing and implementing ClearQuest schema, ClearCase UCM configuration and administration experience in a UNIX environment.
• Five or more years of knowledge of CM methodologies and ability to automate CM process.
• Five or more years of UNIX (Sun Solaris), Perl, Shell scripts, ant and makefiles.
• Experience using the ClearQuest problem tracking tool and cleartool commands.
• Ability to work effectively in a team or matrixed environment.
• Ability to adapt to changing environment and requirements as well as the ability to support multiple projects.
• Experience and proficiency in customer service, problem solving, and communication (verbal and written).
• Good Scripting kills in VB and Perl.
• Good interpersonal skills, as the individual must represent the team in requirements meetings and work with teams on implementing CQ Schema changes.
Nice to have Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or related major, or equivalent work experience in the IT industry.
• Extensive knowledge of CM methodologies and ability to automate CM process.
• Three or more years of experience developing code and working on the full development life cycle of small development projects.
• Experience with web development projects.
Princeton Information Ltd - 19 months ago