A. PRIMARY FUNCTION:|
Serves as the daily contact point for all build and release issues within our client a Global Medical Device Company in San Diego CA site, and supports tools associated with Configuration Management such as Perforce, Code Collaborator, and DevTrack.
Interfaces with development teams to assess project needs and technical details of project builds. Deploys existing build automation solutions for new projects and branches. Promotes builds to release when requested by migrating build artifacts into MatrixOne.
Maintains existing set of build automation scripts as needed, creates new tools to support CM process as warranted.
B. MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the direction and guidance of the Configuration Management department manager, acts as the primary interface between software development teams and external users of software released from the San Diego site. This entails assessing user needs, deploying build automation instances, and ultimate controlling the release of the software product into Matrix One, from which downstream users of the release shall obtain the software.
Utilizing a large body of existing build automation code, deploys new build automation instances as necessary, and deactivates old, unnecessary instances as needed. Proactively manages CM hardware resources, and performs troubleshooting of component software applications (Perforce, DevTrack, Code Collaborator) as necessary.
Creates software tools using scripting languages and object oriented software system code. Implements test software designs using modern programming languages and technologies, including Perl, PHP, MySQL, and Apache on both Windows and Linux-based systems.
Other responsibilities include maintaining and working within a source-code control environment and related tools, performing design reviews and code reviews.
The ability to deliver commitments to internal customers and management and demonstrate excellent skills in organization, team dynamics, effective communication and prioritization of tasks are essential.
C. EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
E. PROBLEM SOLVING:
- 4-6 years of automation and script development experience using PHP. Perl, MySQL, and Apache.
- Knowledge of other scripting languages is highly desirable.
- Strong knowledge of operating systems, databases, networking, and network programming.
- Strong knowledge of automating configuration management, make and requirement tools
- Hands on experience using development tools such as Emacs, Eclipse, DOORS (requirements), Code Collaborator (code review) and Perforce (configuration management) tools
- A demonstrated history in a service-oriented role, multitasking amongst several internal customers on a daily basis.
Analyzes, evaluates, and plans methods for the solution of complex problems. Independently troubleshoots existing systems.
Conducts investigations of considerable complexity pertaining to the development of new designs, methods, materials, or processes, and investigates possible applications of the results.
Monster - 10 months ago