This position will primarily be responsible the cross-functional coordination of proposed engineering changes. This involves gathering and presenting the information required to make the decision to implement a potential design change. It may require analyzing specifications, engineering drawings, bills of material, and other design data.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review of potential changes for impact to engineering, supply chain, production, service, technical publications, flight test, and other groups
- Coordinate planning of proposed design changes, including the impact of the change across the organization, in order to facilitate the formal decision to approve and implement the change
- Project management of each potential change from idea through approval
- Validation of completion of each change to ensure the plan was successfully and fully implemented
- Management of change documentation – requests, planning, forms, approvals, authorizations, etc.
- Cross-functional experience, comfortable working with operations (production, supply chain, engineering, etc.)
- Ability to develop and manage relationships across many different functional areas, fostering a network of contacts
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and uncertainty
- Ability to systematically gather information, sort through complex issues and make timely decisions
- Communication skills to consolidate information from a variety of sources and communicate it to a broad audience, including clear written, verbal, and visual communication, good listening and presentation skills
- Setting and executing goals, milestones, and resource requirements
- Organized and good at time management
- Ability to resolve conflicts
- Shows initiative and is able to create success
- Understanding of design data
- Strong computer skills, utilizing common tools such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project
- Experience with UG and Teamcenter Engineering
- Experience with SAP
- BS in Engineering
- Experience in configuration management
- Experience in project management
- Knowledge of aircraft systems