Agile Defense is growing and hiring !
Agile Defense provides Information Technology (IT) services to the U.S. Government, including several United States Civil agencies and various branches within the U.S. Department of Defense.
We have an opportunity for Configuration Management Specialist 1 at Scott Air Force Base (Scott AFB), IL (metro-St. Louis, MO area). This is a full time, W-2 employment opportunity.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION/PROJECT:
Responsible for working with configuration management team to be responsible for configuration management planning, change control, status accounting, and audits for Air Mobility Command’s (AMC) Applications, Infrastructure and Systems Support (AISS II). AISS is AMC’s answer in meeting these IT challenges by leveraging hardware, software, services, and support resource consolidation. AISS Increment I consolidated 13 support contracts and enabled the first-ever cross-utilization of IT service and support resources in AMC history. AISS II seeks to enhance the level, quality, and depth of services offered while continuing to streamline and improve process, procedure, and service standardization.
- Defines and documents processes and procedures for configuration management, integration and integration testing, and quality assurance. Ensures consistency among these various areas and well-defined turnover points between each area.
- Reviews and evaluates software products and services for customer directives, standards and guidelines.
- Defines and documents roles and responsibilities of external groups (e.g., development organizations, operations).
- Describes provisions for configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting and configuration audits. Identifies and maintains the original configuration of requirements documentation, design documentation, software, and related documentation.
- Regulates the change process so that only approved and validated changes are incorporated into product documents, related hardware, and related software.
- Tracks all problems and changes in products and software and reports changes and current configuration.
- Supports audits to verify that requirements of all baselines have been met by the as-built software and hardware.
- Supports quality assurance process audits.
- Updates security certification documentation.
- Reviews end products for quality assurance.
- Abides by and enforces all work standards, policies, procedures, SOPs, SLAs, etc.
- Other duties as required/assigned Must demonstrate strong writing skills, excellent customer interface skills, and the ability to work independently or under only general direction.
Education and Certifications:
Background Needed and Years of Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years’ experience with data or CM of software development, 4 of which must be specialized. --or-- Associate in Science – 5 years of specialized experience. --or-- High School Diploma – 7 years of specialized experience.
Technical Skills (Must have):
- See “Education and Certifications” Section for Years’ Experience required.
- Specialized Experience requires experience in systems analysis and development for formal documentation for government agencies and with CM and CMM processes and procedures. Requires familiarity with full software development life cycle and implementation of controlled software.
- Experience in systems analysis and development for formal documentation for government agencies.
- Experience with AISS and/or AISS related documentation (preferred).
Technical Skills (Preferred):
- Familiarity with full software development lifecycle and implementation of controlled software.
- Experience with information systems.
- AISS system and system specific experience.
- Understanding of AISS environments.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Contractor site with 0%-10% travel possible.
- AISS functional knowledge (desired).
- MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, etc.).
- Possesses good oral and written communication skills.
At Agile Defense, we know that our employees are our most important asset. We believe in our responsibility to our fellow employees, customers, company, and to our country. We promote teamwork, integrity, and creativity; we expect our fellow employees to also live these values.
Agile Defense, Inc. does not discriminate in practices or employment opportunities on the basis of an individual's race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other proscribed category set forth in federal or state regulations.
Agile Defense, Inc. - 2 years ago
"Agile Defense is defined by a plethora of things-all point to several pillars upon which this company has been built. I have been...