Established in 1996, Visionary Integration Professionals (VIP) is a global technology and managed services firm that has provided solutions to over 900 government and commercial clients in various industries. With its mission of “helping clients achieve measurable results,” VIP helps its customers challenge boundaries and uncover new possibilities to increase productivity, maximize revenue, improve performance, mitigate risks, and reduce costs. VIP has over 700 staff and offers expertise spanning eight core service offerings: Business Intelligence, ERP Consulting & Integration, Technology-Based Learning Solutions, Management Consulting, Software Quality Management & Testing, Application Design & Development, Systems Maintenance & Operations, and Network & Data Center Infrastructure Consulting. VIP’s corporate headquarters is located in Folsom, California with offices in DC Metro, New York City, Houston.
Duties and Responsibilities:
We are currently looking for an experienced configuration and build manager to support a 20+ member, multi-disciplined team supporting a component of the Department of Homeland Security, providing software development support for both Operations and Maintenance activities as well as new software development projects.
The current network environment is Microsoft Windows 2003 with SQL Server 2000 and 2008, with COTS and in-house developed applications using Visual Studio .NET (C# and VB), VBScript (ASP), CFML and CFScript, and Java.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develops and maintains client standards and procedures to ensure that configuration management controls are capable of supporting deployment activities and implementations to meet business needs.
- Proficiency in source control, build management, continuous integration, deployment management, smoke testing, build and release documentation.
- Development of code line policies (e.g., tagging, branching, merging strategies).
- Code/build promotion to different environments and supporting off/after hour deployments.
- Creating and reviewing deployment plans with project managers and other development team members.
- Help define and implement build practices.
- Provide technical support to software engineers as related to configuration management where needed.
- Automating repetitive or lengthy manual tasks via scripting in order to minimize human error and/or reduce deployment times.
- Ensures version control integrity for software and non-software components.
- Establishes approach for resolving discrepancies to ensure requirements are met. Implements solutions as necessary to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Performs audits for projects according to the configuration management plans. Implements baselines that are established and approved by the appropriate control board. Recommends and implements suggestions as appropriate. Coordinates audit requests to ensure data compliance.
The individual considered for this position must have strong configuration management skills with a solid understanding of best practices for build and release cycles. Ability to prioritize and solid communication and writing skills are a must.
- Strong skills working with Microsoft Visual Studio products.
- Must be team oriented and able to work with database developers and systems engineers.
- Significant experience with .Net and Team Foundation Server for configuration management of source code control and requirements.
- Thorough experience with Team Foundation Server, process implementation, and configuration management.
- Proven track record of implementing software change management processes using the Microsoft Team Foundation Server tools.
- Proficiency in source control, build management, continuous integration, automated testing, deployment management, smoke testing, build and release documentation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
- Full life cycle development experience.
- Competence in a range of IT skills including networking, server management, relational databases, scripting.
- Familiarity with the DHS Software Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) and a variety of development approaches and methodologies (i.e. rapid applications development (RAD), service-oriented architecture (SOA), and Waterfall).
- Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and solve problems analytically
- Ability to interface with customer and represent VIP.
- Exposure to CMS tools from a variety of vendors.
- Federal Government experience a plus
Will require US Citizenship and ability to pass DHS Background Investigation
Sit Bend Stand Walk Handle objects (manual dexterity) Use fine finger movements (type) Must carry/lift loads of up to 25 lbs.
Read/comprehend Write Perform calculations Communicate orally Reason and analyze
******All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin. EOE/F/M/DV. We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program.********
Monster - 14 months ago