We are seeking an Windows PC Config / Install Technician to work for a very high-visibility media broadcasting corporation. Must have experience with computer installations, setups, installing software, imaging machines, configuring local accounts, configuring email in Outlook, mapping printers and share drives, data transfer, etc.
Contact us to find out why CompuCom IT Workforce Solutions is the employer of choice for contractors!
- Unpacks appropriate CPU (Central Processing Unit), hardware and software and then installs each at default or to custom specifications.
- Tests configured systems for appropriate functioning and troubleshoots for any errors found.
- Completes all required documentation of installation including a quality assurance sheet to ensure accurate billing with respect to warranty contract, proper processing of defective products and timely vendor returns and reimbursements.
- Follows customer personal computer system hardware and software specifications based on the configuration services being performed and the instructions supplied
- Complies with departmental training certification requirements based on configuration level.
- Troubleshoots malfunctioning units using efficient problem solving techniques and departmental procedures.
- Researches hardware and software literature to keep abreast on new product / service developments and announcements.
- Works with Lead Technicians on difficult to solve problems or configurations.
- Will need to drive to multiple sites from time to time.
**CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity**
- Entry level - 3 years' experience
- Must have A+ certification
- Apple Macintosh experience a plus
- Good verbal and written skills
- Good customer service skills
- Must have valid driver's license and vehicle
CompuCom - 20 months ago
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...