The Technician-Configuration is responsible for installing and configuring hardware and software on a high volume of computers, printers and other products for customers on a daily basis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Configure customers systems to their required specifications.
- Test systems to ensure 100% quality.
- Maintain minimum monthly productivity goals.
- Troubleshoot problems with computer systems, including hardware, software and peripheral equipment.
- Ensure that customers receive the highest level of customer service.
- Communicate issues concerning customer orders to the area Help Desk or Team Leader.
- Adhere to safety procedures and guidelines at all times.
- Perform any additional duties assigned by management.
- The general work hours will be 1:00pm to 9:30pm
- It may be necessary on occasion for this individual to work beyond their regularly scheduled shift
- Overtime is to be expected and in some cases may be required
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-67% of the workday) and 26 to 55 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday.) The buddy system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds of force frequently (34-67% of the workday) and 26 to 55 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday). The buddy system must be utilized for loads weighing more than 50 pounds.
- Push and pull up to 10 pounds of force occasionally (0-33% of the workday.)
- Stand and/or walk in combination for the duration of the workday.
- Lift as required, squat, kneel and crouch to complete customer orders.
Other Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or GED.
- Analytical skills and the ability to solve problems
- Ability to quickly learn about new technology and keep pace with an ever-changing industry
- Ability to assemble and disassemble computer equipment, mechanically inclined
- Obtain certifications and continually learn new technology.
- A+ Certification
- Knowledge of computer components and configuration of various types of computers, as demonstrated by previous experience building and installing computers
- Basic knowledge of CDW’s internal systems
Technical Computer Services
Higher hourly rate is paid for Second and Third Shift
CDW - 12 months ago
CDW is a leading provider of technology solutions for business, government, education and healthcare. Ranked No. 31 on Forbes’ list of...