As a member of the Confirmations Group, the Confirmation Analyst is responsible for the entire process around trade confirmations. This person will monitor each confirmation through its origination to execution and filing, reporting on the status to Trade and Risk Management personnel.
- Ensure timely (i.e. according to Peabody Risk Management Policies and Guideline) and professional processing, coordination and execution of confirmations with appropriate counterparties.
- Review confirms returned / originated by counterparties for modifications / discrepancies requiring follow-up.
- Consult with Law, Credit and Contract Management on any non-standard terms in counterparty transmitted confirmation to identify any issues requiring counterparty follow-up and/or formal Law department involvement.
- Ensure confirmations are returned and signed by counterparties in a timely manner through systematic and diligent follow-up.
- Discuss any counterparty discrepancies related to business terms with the Front Office to identify appropriate next steps.
- Confirm details of foreign currency purchases via an automated Web based confirmation matching service (Misys).
- Review accuracy of trade details entered into ERM system.
- Ensure all fully executed confirmations are stored according to document retention standards.
- 1-3 years of related experience
- Undergraduate degree in a business-related discipline (required).
- Experience providing operational support within a trading organization (commodity experience preferred).
- Experience in contract management (ideally with master services agreements) is beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at various organizational levels (ideally experience interacting with legal and compliance groups).
- Strong computer skills along with MS Office proficiency (Excel and Word required). Experience in Business Objects beneficial.
- Must work well under pressure and possess a strong ability to meet deadlines utilizing excellent time management skills.
- Detail oriented with an ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Experience performing reconciliation and/or verifying physical and financial commodity transactions for accuracy and completeness (preferred).
- Experience using trading and risk management systems (specifically Allegro) (preferred).
Peabody Energy - 30+ days ago
In a time in which people still get most of their power from coal-fired plants, Peabody Energy is king. The world's largest...