The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector investment arm of the World Bank Group, pursues its mission of reducing poverty and improving people's lives by promoting private sector development through investment and advisory services.
The Compliance and Integrity Office of the International Finance Corporation ("IFC"), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is looking to hire two Conflicts Officers experienced in handling operational conflicts of interest, to advise and train staff on conflicts of interest within IFC's operations, or on conflicts of interest between IFC and other World Bank Group entities.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The positions will report to the Head, IFC Conflicts of Interest Office, within CLED and will have the following responsibilities :
• Maintaining and implementing IFC's existing operational conflicts of interest policies and procedures, and developing and implementing new ones as necessary.
• Working closely with IFC Department Directors, managers or senior operating staff to provide appropriate advice and guidance on conflicts of interest arising from IFC's operations.
• Delivering conflicts training programs for IFC staff in headquarters and in the field.
• Coordinating with other World Bank Group offices involving inter-institutional and other conflicts of interest issues.
• Assisting in the development of internal systems and controls for compliance with IFC's operational conflicts policies and procedures.
• Minimum 8 years experience providing legal counsel for cross-border transactions in an international organization, private sector financial institution or law firm.
• Law degree required; masters in law, finance or business a plus.
• Experience with the development and implementation of, and advising and guiding staff regarding conflicts of interest policies of international financial institutions or other multi-product financial institutions.
• Experience designing and delivering training.
• Knowledge of IFC investment or advisory operations preferred.
• Excellent team player, ability to collaborate and share knowledge with colleagues at all levels and from various cultural backgrounds.
• Proven ability to create trusting working relationships across teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Professional integrity, highly motivated, committed to highest ethical standards.
• Fluency in English. Proficiency in other languages is a plus.
• Flexibility to travel internationally on a regular basis, with the possibility of moving to one of IFC's field offices in the medium term.
***Only selected candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, paper mail or faxes please. All applicants will be treated in strictest confidence.***
IFC - 4 months ago
IFC, a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused exclusively on the private sector. We help...