department has an excellent opportunity for a
to be located in either the
office or the
office. The main responsibilities are:
- Perform conflict of interest searches for clients, matters, new hires and upon request; prepare clear and concise reports while using appropriate judgment to filter data to be included in results.
- Conduct factual research to identify potential conflicts and as well as the accuracy and quality of other relevant data using internal and external resources including, but not limited to, Firm databases, outside vendor resources and internet sites.
- Review submitted data for new client and client/matter acceptance. Research accuracy and quality of information as well as potential client relationships.
- Develop and maintain expertise in Elite Enterprise Information Systems and any other software necessary to perform job functions.
- Provide telephone assistance and respond to inquiries from Conflict Researchers and end users regarding conflict of interest checks, client/matter status and end-user system support.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. and 1-2 years of post-secondary education; 2-4 years of legal assistant or conflicts experience desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite with knowledge of database architecture or programming a plus. Strong research skills. Proven aptitude to learn new software applications. Prior experience in utilizing Elite Enterprise or other automated conflicts systems preferred.
- Interpersonal communication skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with partners, attorneys, clients and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Required schedule will be 11:00 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.
Baker & Hostetler LLP is one of the nation's 100 largest law firms with more than 550 attorneys serving clients throughout the world. The...